DA does not start by reboot automatically after error

stephandek

Verified User
Good morning,
After each reboot of the newly set up (clean) server, "DirectAdmin" does not start itself.
In the log files you will see the following:

(source: cat /var/log/directadmin/error.log)

2020: 05: 01-08: 52: 35: unable to stat ./data/users/admin/ticket.conf.temp for filesize after write: euid: 992
2020: 05: 01-09: 32: 55: ioctl can't find the server's ip address for eth0: Cannot assign requested address
2020: 05: 01-09: 32: 57: The ip of this machine () does not match the ip in the license file. <br>
Check the value of your ethernet_dev = eth0 setting in your /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf file and the output of / sbin / ifconfig <br>

If i then start directadmin manually after the reboot: (service directadmin starts) directadmin just starts and stays on. I also checked the license and with the directadmin portal, there too it is properly and actively set to the correct os version.

Running OS: CentOS8
Running DA: Versuin 1.60.4

Does anyone have ideas or is this problem known to CentOS 8?

This?
Code:
systemctl status directadmin

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/directadmin.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Code:
systemctl enable directadmin

Last edited:
What is your hoster?

Kind of LAN installation, instances whatever?

What IP does my system use for outbound connections?
when using this string I get the ipv4 ipadress back from the server. this ip address is also linked to the license of directadmin. the funny thing is, although the license would have a problem, I wouldn't be able to start it manually.

This?
Code:
systemctl status directadmin

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/directadmin.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Code:
systemctl enable directadmin

Unfortunately, this was already turned on. just entered again and the server reboots. again the same.

Attachments

• print.png
    print.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 11
after server reboot, status viewed, and started manually

Attachments

• print.png
    print.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 11
if the sever is new you should read through https://forum.directadmin.com/threa...rectadmin-1-46-or-later-is-recommended.44743/

Have you run build all at least once? something like.
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build clean
./build update
./build update_da
./build all

did you make sure to install all the required packages

is cron set up
Dont forget to set up Cron. This will help keep DA up to date and old files cleaned up.
You need to run this once to set it up.

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set cron yes
./build set cron_frequency daily
./build set notifications yes
./build set da_autoupdate yes
./build set updates yes
./build set webapps_updates yes
./build set clean yes
./build set cleanapache yes
./build set clean_old_tarballs yes
./build set clean_old_webapps yes
./build cron

Unfortunately, this was already turned on. just entered again and the server reboots. again the same.
I don't have time but eth0 is not default in CENTOS 8, check networkmanager GUI parts there

You did login at directadmin account yourself to check your license is still life?

Step 3: Setup Hostname and Networking
In CentOS/RHEL 8, there is a wide range of tools included in the repositories that used to configure and manage networking, from manually altering the network configuration file to using commands such as ifconfig, ip, nmcli and nmtui.
The easiest utility that a newbie can use to configure and manage network configurations such as setting network hostname and configuring static IP address is using nmtui graphical command-line utility.
Set Hostname in CentOS 8
In order to set or change the system hostname run the following nmtui-hostname command, which will prompt you to enter your machine hostname and press OK to finish, as illustrated in the below screenshot.

You did login at directadmin account yourself to check your license is still life? -> Yes it's life and active till 2023

what does
Code:
date
give
Code:
timedatectl
give
All correct?

what does
Code:
ip a
show

is it listed as eth0 or something different
2: eth0:

Code:
cat /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf

look at ethernet_dev=eth0

match?

Yep weird. Might ask support? Maybe it’s related to dhcp not assign the ip soon enough.

Sometime the resolv.conf need a securing against changes, don't know here.

If you really aren't using DHCP, my suspicion is that your provider is overwriting your resolv.conf file with a fresh one anytime you reboot. You may want to discuss that with them.
nameserver 127.0.0.1
to /etc/resolv.conf - than run this command
chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

Back