DirectAdmin 1.61.0 Release Candidate 1

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We're very pleased to announce a major new release:
DirectAdmin 1.61.0 RC1

This is a test version of 1.61.0 to be released in a few weeks.

All changes can be found here:
https://www.directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.610000

Just some of the New Features:
Some of the Bug-Fixes:
As this is a major new release with many changes, we'll be going for an extended testing phase.
Please try and report issues in this thread to avoid duplicate support issue.

As usual, you can update to the pre-release binaries with this guide:

If you're doing a fresh install of DA, you can install with these binaries using:
Code:
./setup.sh beta

John

Hello,

We're very pleased to announce a major new release:
DirectAdmin 1.61.0 RC1

This is a test version of 1.61.0 to be released in a few weeks.

All changes can be found here:
https://www.directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.610000

Just some of the New Features:
Some of the Bug-Fixes:
As this is a major new release with many changes, we'll be going for an extended testing phase.
Please try and report issues in this thread to avoid duplicate support issue.

As usual, you can update to the pre-release binaries with this guide:

If you're doing a fresh install of DA, you can install with these binaries using:
Code:
./setup.sh beta

John

Glad there are new features.
If possible, can you allow me a license for testing purpose for free of cost ?
I will be more than happy to test the pre-release version of DA if a testing license is provided for free :)

As far as I know they don’t have Dev licenses. You could get a personal license which is super cheap.

I am already a client of DA from more than 5 months now so I guess the link of trial wont work for me and I will need DA team to issue a trail license for testing pre-release if they can.
I just want to help DA community by testing pre-release on a "free" license
as i remember you can order trial license for 1 ip once, so if you have "clean" ips, you can try to get it.

As far as I know they don’t have Dev licenses. You could get a personal license which is super cheap.

No support on personal license :)

as i remember you can order trial license for 1 ip once, so if you have "clean" ips, you can try to get it.

It's not good to abuse their trail policy. by creating new accounts just to test their pre-release :)

Also let's not SPAM this post with more replies and wait for DA team to reply.

This looks very good.

But I've a question. Is this CSF integration possible to skip via a setting?
It's not really clear to me if it's automatically skipped when having a block_ip.sh present in the custom scripts directory.

However, pity only the csf -d function is used, because it would be nice to be able to configure temporary blocks with -td to be able to automatically remove the blocks again after some time.
We would like to keep using the temporary blocks.

However, pity only the csf -d function is used, because it would be nice to be able to configure temporary blocks with -td to be able to automatically remove the blocks again after some time.
We would like to keep using the temporary blocks.
-td is wrong, because it'd then be a temporary BFM ban, which is using temporary block in CSF :) While with -d, it's DA unblocking it when it should (using -dr).

But I've a question. Is this CSF integration possible to skip via a setting?
It's not really clear to me if it's automatically skipped when having a block_ip.sh present in the custom scripts directory.
As the feature page says:
2) The /usr/local/directdmin/scripts/custom/block_ip.sh must NOT exist (so as to not affect exising CSF integrations).

So, if you have it there, the custom hook will still be used.

-td is wrong, because it'd then be a temporary BFM ban
I know that it's a temp ban. :) It's what I stated, I rather like temporary bans then indefinate bans which need to be removed manually.

I like the integration very much, but BFM monitors lots of things and we don't want to give them all an indefinate ban which causes more manual work.

So, if you have it there, the custom hook will still be used.
Thanks for explaining, because it wansn't clear to me what was ment by "so as to not affect", it could also be ment as that it could mess up the CSF integration.

So this clears my question, we can just leave the block_ip.sh in there to keep using the custom hook which generates our temp bans.

Just installed Netdata but i cant find any link in DA to view the server data ?

EDIT: found IP:19999 shows the stats, is it possible to have this info private ?

Last edited:
Nice to see newer version with some major features, I was hoping to see some more elaborated backup system like here:

I know that it's a temp ban. :) It's what I stated, I rather like temporary bans then indefinate bans which need to be removed manually.

I still don't get the idea why you want the redundancy of temporary bans. BFM+CSF temp bans... It makes no sense to have both set as temp, if BFM removes it anyway (https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1013). What am I missing there? :)

Just installed Netdata but i cant find any link in DA to view the server data ?

EDIT: found IP:19999 shows the stats, is it possible to have this info private ?

Are you sure you've used CustomBuild to install it? Maybe that's the reason why this info isn't private.

I still don't get the idea why you want the redundancy of temporary bans.
You're not missing anything I think. I wasn't thinking of redundancy. I was thinking about replacing BFM with temp bans automatically instead of indefinate bans.
Or I'm missing or misunderstanding something. But as I understood it, BFM does not only monitor DA bruteforce logins but for example also mail brute forces, which I don't want indefinate bans for.

I had not seen the feature you pointed to but:
Code:
clear_blacklist_ip_time=0
does this mean this setting is the same as if I would use a temp ban? So if I would set here like:
clear_blacklist_ip_time=14400
then after 14400 seconds the ip will be removed automatically by BFM?

You're not missing anything I think. I wasn't thinking of redundancy. I was thinking about replacing BFM with temp bans automatically instead of indefinate bans.
Or I'm missing or misunderstanding something. But as I understood it, BFM does not only monitor DA bruteforce logins but for example also mail brute forces, which I don't want indefinate bans for.

I had not seen the feature you pointed to but:
Code:
clear_blacklist_ip_time=0
does this mean this setting is the same as if I would use a temp ban? So if I would set here like:
clear_blacklist_ip_time=14400
then after 14400 seconds the ip will be removed automatically by BFM?

clear_blacklist_ip_time is in minutes. 14400 = 240 hours (10 days).

Oeps yes, I saw so many seconds I missed the notice about the minutes betweek the brackets.
But for the rest I'm correct? So in that case I could lose my block_ip.sh and set the clear_blacklist_ip_time to the amount of minutes I like and then the bans are automatically removed again, correct?
Which means I don't need the block_ip.sh anymore even for temp bans.

Oeps yes, I saw so many seconds I missed the notice about the minutes betweek the brackets.
But for the rest I'm correct? So in that case I could lose my block_ip.sh and set the clear_blacklist_ip_time to the amount of minutes I like and then the bans are automatically removed again, correct?
Which means I don't need the block_ip.sh anymore even for temp bans.

Yes, it should work like this. But I was wrong on clear_blacklist_ip_time, it's used for DA blacklist. You should rely on unblock_brute_ip_time: https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1376.

Back