how to apply the skin for all user

nont

Hi everyone!
I know that there is a skin manager to do the job applying any skin for all user but

what if I need
Evolution Skin + Icon Grid + Modern Icon
for all user, how to do it

Please advise

The "Customize Evolution Skin" page should be able to help you out. You can select all of those options and as far as I remember, force them.

Well that contains a bug when a user already has force SSL (to either www or non-www) redirect in effect, and in that case he won't be force to the icon grid.
I tried it out, i've mentioned it a couple of times on the forums, it's reproducable, it's not working when force ssl redirect with www or to non-www is in effect on the customers account. At least not on my server.
Unfortunately there is nothing done about it yet.

So you have to take that in mind when trying to setup forcing skin.

Edit: Issue was already fixed, no problems anymore with evolution skin setting forcing for users.

Last edited:
That's sounds bad.
90% of the user have set up SSL redirection with "force SSL redirect" feature
So, Most of them will not get the correct theme setting as expected.

This is clearly a bug. Since the evolution theme is not beta anymore.
Where can I report this issue to the development team?

Well that contains a bug when a user already has force SSL (to either www or non-www) redirect in effect, and in that case he won't be force to the icon grid.
I tried it out, i've mentioned it a couple of times on the forums, it's reproducable, it's not working when force ssl redirect with www or to non-www is in effect on the customers account. At least not on my server.

It should not be related at all. I think you just had skin customizations under that user before you forced the theme and forbid doing the changes.

Hey @Richard G
Whats the test scenario? I have Evo and users with force redirect on. They all seem fine. I would love to test this. I just want to be sure I get it correct. I don't have any customizations all stock Evo.

It should not be related at all. I think you just had skin customizations under that user before you forced the theme and forbid doing the changes.
Nope, I never used Evo before on any user and I tested by only changing for the reseller to the Icon grid and for most users it changed to icon grid but not for that user. When I removed the redirect it worked. Set the redirect back, some issue.

However, maybe now it's fine. I also had issues with phpyadmin auto login when users had force redirect to www in effect. That issue is gone now, so I will test again with Evo and Icons grid and post results here.

I have Evo and users with force redirect on.
It's not force redirect, it's force redirect to www.

@bdacus01 Yep that was the one Brent. I tested before on 2 servers and both had the same issue. Also auto login to phpmyadmin was not possible in such case.

Seems both issues were fixed the same time. I tested a last month or march and then the problem occured on both servers with those settings.

@nont @smtalk @bdacus01 It seems it's already fixed. Auto login to phpmyadmin is possible even with redirect to www set and also now the skin is taken over like set in the reseller panel. Evo skin is also force correctly now. Tested on both servers again.

Well.. with the Icon grid it is a lot nicer. I still find Enhanced a lot easier. Evo is more cP like. So I switched now to see if I can get used to it. If yes... then I won't change back. :)

Struggled with this today and this worked, new customers were restricted with the forbid option but old customers was not. So ran below to change them too.

perl -pi -e 's/standard2021/grid/' /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/*/skin_customizations/evolution/user_options.json

Looks like I also found where I went wrong. On the Reseller Level I went to customize skin widget there, clicked layout and then changed it there too to forbid and set the correct skin. It seems we look at Admin level and not reseller level and thats where the confusion comes in to play.

Last edited:
Back