Resource temporarily unavailable: AH00480: apr_thread_create: unable to create worker thread

There is an upper-level control panel for the VPS, yes, and it does have a reinstall button. It also allows me to change the system, so I could choose Debian, if it is a better option.

The backed-up files are on my laptop (downloaded). And I still have the old VPS. I will keep it as a backup until the new one is up and running and sufficiently tested.

It took me so long because I have had that VPS for many years and there was a lot of clutter to remove and things to fix. I would not just take all the junk to a clean new server.

I think it is time for me to find a new provider.

I will spare you the details of what the person has just done to try and get out of the mess he had caused, but I am out now to find a VPS with free DA personal license, Suggestions welcome :)

Thanks. I've been ok with this provider for years, actually.

Now they've all of a sudden gone bananas with this migration.

I do have all the data of the license, but if I understand correctly the licenses are bound to the specific OS?

What the guy did last night was to reinstall an older backup from the original CentOS 6, which sent me crazy because the point of the whole thing was to migrate to an updated OS. Now I am left with TWO identical outdated boxes.

I do have the backups of my admin + users (cleaned up from junk and errors) from the original VPS. But now I am wondering if the problem was that they will not functional if restored on a new, let's say Debian, DA server.

My provided gave me a new Ubuntu+DA box and the restore turned out to be broken.

Now I have the impression that he restored the older snapshot there just to say: here it is, now it is functioning. Sure it is. the old site had been in function for years.

So, back to question 1: if I prepare a clean Debian and a fresh DA install on it, will I be able to restore my admin and users from the old CentOS 6 there?

Sure I could, but I keep a VPS with root access just because I like to mess around and learn :)

This time it came out as an unexpected mess.

Probably it was the swapping IPs/host names back and forth that left something hanging.

Though I had asked before if it could be done easily.

I told them to wipe the box clean, install Debian 10 and DA.

Uploading and restoring the backup files should not be such a big deal. I hope this time it will run smooth.

It's up and running.

Apart from sweating on details, a new install was simply needed.

The backup and restore system is far from perfect, in any case. Quite confusing between the different levels (admin/reseller ... and users as a consequence).

It took a bit of correcting and tweaking.

Back