OpenLiteSpeed With DA - Trouble Setting Up Nameservers

MaximKing19

I’m using OpenLiteSpeed and DirectAdmin on a Ubuntu 20.04 LTS server, I have one IP Address and have all ports visible.
I have insatalled OpenLiteSpeed and DirectAdmin with the CustomBuild2 and I’ve tested pointing a domain to the IP and setting an account and it works.
I have 2 issues, on CloudFlare I pointed ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com to the server IP via an A record as I don’t want to use DirectAdmin as the DNS on my main domain, I set the nameservers as my ones in DirectAdmin but they don’t point to port 53…
Also i setup the hostname but when I point the hostname to the sever IP it shows a OpenLiteSpeed is functioning normally, shouldn’t it show the DirectAdmin there? How do I get that working..

cloudflare don't have proxy port to 53

check port list on cloudflare site

cloudflare don't have proxy port to 53

check port list on cloudflare site
Well, I was told by DirectAdmin support that if I setup the Nameservers in DA and point the NS1 and NS2 subdomains to the server IP, DA would automatically make the NS1 and NS2 proxy to the Port 53? But I’m having issues with it so I though to come here

But that’s not what I’m asking… I’m asking does DirectAdmin make rewrite rules from the Nameservers I setup to Port 53?

DA not do anything about forward current port to proxy port

Example how proxy from cloudflare work

If you need :2222 from DA
You need to change port on DA from :2222 to 2083(Port list in CF)
then enter site with ip:2083

I am using domain in cloudflare, Nameserver is working fine.
You must open port 53 UDP in and out.
set child nameserver in domain registrar, set A record point to VPS IP.
That's all

I am using domain in cloudflare, Nameserver is working fine.
You must open port 53 UDP in and out.
set child nameserver in domain registrar, set A record point to VPS IP.
That's all
Oh, so maybe it was just an error with that domain I tried.. It’s using CloudFlare, non proxy and points to the Server IP with DirectAdmin and it will sort the rest. Is there any extra config on the DA Panel or just point and done?
About the first issue, I need to get OpenLiteSpeed to configure without the OLS Panel as read only mode wish me luck haha

Oh, so maybe it was just an error with that domain I tried.. It’s using CloudFlare, non proxy and points to the Server IP with DirectAdmin and it will sort the rest. Is there any extra config on the DA Panel or just point and done?
About the first issue, I need to get OpenLiteSpeed to configure without the OLS Panel as read only mode wish me luck haha
It’s using CloudFlare, non proxy and points to the Server IP ->Yes.
Did you set Child nameserver in domain registrar. Sameple, i buy in namecheap, i must set it view image.
Check named service in Directadmin, it must working.

Attachments

• 2021-07-22_230312.png
    2021-07-22_230312.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 6
@MaximKing19
Oh sorry did you meant just use cloudflare only dns pointer without proxy ( hide your server ip ) ?

if you grey cloud, it work fine on any port, don't need to set it on domain registrar

So I will transfer my domain to namexheap tbh and do that, I use 20i for domains as it was the first thing I saw but needing to transfer over anyway.. Thanks!
It’s using CloudFlare, non proxy and points to the Server IP ->Yes.
Did you set Child nameserver in domain registrar. Sameple, i buy in namecheap, i must set it view image.
Check named service in Directadmin, it must working.

So I will transfer my domain to namexheap tbh and do that, I use 20i for domains as it was the first thing I saw but needing to transfer over anyway.. Thanks!
Namecheap is registrar, in image, it is in provider (they are reseller of namecheap). You can do same as in other Provider/registrar

Namecheap is registrar, in image, it is in provider (they are reseller of namecheap). You can do same as in other Provider/registrar
Heya, my domain registrar doesn’t have anything to add private Nameservers, I didn’t really understand what you put “they are reseller of namecheap” namecheap are reseller of namecheap?

Back