PHP-Redis extension

wegreen

I have install php redis extension from Custom-build when I select redis option in user package its never unable always showing redis disabled. Screen shot attached

Attachments

• redis.JPG
    redis.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 49
Hi. The list you are looking at, is a list of services running on your server. It has nothing to do with the redis PHP extension.

You can have the redis PHP extension installed and enabled (you can confirm that by running php -i and search for redin in the output - or create a file containing phpinfo function if you like to check in the browser) but not the redis server installed. This way, you can use a remote dedicated redis instance.

CB can help install both redis PHP extension (build php_redis) and redis (build redis). Which you did run?

Last edited:
Hi. The list you are looking at, is a list of services running on your server. It has nothing to do with the redis PHP extension.
nah... That actually shows, exactly what wegreen thinks it does: what features are enabled...

The reason why it can't be enabled, is because you need to have the directadmin "Pro Pack" part of your license...

From what I've read, it's not available through your server provider license... Meaning, contact directadmin sales, or your provider and ask about it.

See:

nah... That actually shows, exactly what wegreen thinks it does: what features are enabled...
He complains about the php extension, not the service. You can have php with the redis extension whithout a DA Pro Pack license. The list in the screenshot is from Account Info page of an account on his server, that is, as I stated before, not showing php extensions, but services enabled.

Of course if he doesn't have Pro Pack then he won't be able to allow it on the account and it will show Disabled as a service. But that doesn't mean php redis extension is not compiled and enabled. The only way one (without server access) can test that, is by consulting the phpinfo output.

Back