License Expired every few days

aodat2

Verified User
Hi guys,

Not too sure what in the world is happening but it seems that my DirectAdmin license is expiring every few days.

I have just migrated everything from my old server and made a fresh install of DirectAdmin on my new server. I have managed to get a trail license, then deleted it and changed my IP to the new server IP. Everything is fine, even the dates are correct on DirectAdmin. However after a few days, it just seems that the license will auto expire and I will need to get into SSH and manually update the license again which will active it again.

Unsure what happened or why it is such but it just seems that every few days, I would need to check to see if it expired.

Is there a bug or something?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Might be that something went wrong when changing your original license to your new ip. Probably must be acknowledge by DA staff and when this is not done, it expires again.

Best is to write a message to sales to change and/or acknowledge the new server ip to your license.

When I change IP, it says that.

But after a few moments, I remember getting the message on my DirectAdmin page (user page) that the IP change has already been approved. Not too sure if I have to write it again but I am going it again.

Currently it says the expiry is in 30 days 23 hours xx minutes...

I have just manually update it again. When I wrote this thread, I have just updated the license and it has expired again. So sometimes it takes days, sometimes it only takes hours before it will expire again.

Attachments

• error2.png
    error2.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 10
Looks good to me. If it again expires soon you can still best contact sales or support for this issue.
I could just as well be that somewhere in the backoffice something of the trial license is messing with things or has to be removed by DA in their systems. I don't know.
Doesn't seem something which can be fixed via the forums.

It is most likely that this license is used on multiple servers at the same time.

It is most likely that this license is used on multiple servers at the same time.
I saw something like that on a website that is selling all kind of licenses, including DA, and use some king of proxy and scripts to create license files...

Sometimes people posting log files in the forum and forgot to hide the DA license information (I have seen a lot). Someone might have used it on other servers.

Back