Error during automated certificate renewal of subdomain that no longer exists

Sharif

Verified User
Not sure why but it keep try to renew SSL certificate of subdomain that no longer exists how to resolve this?

How to fix this issue?

I've already removed the subdomain and disable SSL and enable it again and reissue the certificates but this subdomain dose not show up...

How to fix this issue?

I've already removed the subdomain and disable SSL and enable it again and reissue the certificates but this subdomain dose not show up...
Not much information is given here.

When you do this

dig subdomain.server.com A +short

Does it return a valid IP address?

Not much information is given here.

When you do this

dig subdomain.server.com A +short

Does it return a valid IP address?
Yes, it end up with the server IP address

I already delete the subdomain from DirectAdmin, and find out it's not deleted from DNS Management still, so I delete it from DNS Management

not sure if this going to solve the issue.

Even it's deleted and it's still getting error messages:
Domain does not exist on the system. Unable to find url.domain.com in /etc/virtual/domainowners, and domain is not set as hostname (servername) in DirectAdmin configuration. Exiting...
no valid domain found - exiting

Any idea why I keep getting this messages?

Domain does not exist on the system. Unable to find url.domain.com in /etc/virtual/domainowners, and domain is not set as hostname (servername) in DirectAdmin configuration. Exiting...
no valid domain found - exiting

Any idea why I keep getting this messages?

Important question: is the subdomain your actual hostname or a normal subdomain? It sounds like the error came when it was trying to renew a hostname SSL certificate and it could not find the hostname set in /etc/virtual/domainonwers and in hostname set in Directadmin setting. Perhaps you need to remove the auto-renew certificate manually if you don't want to see this error but, need more info about this subdomain and how did you renew the subdomain in the first place.

Some links that might help with similar error:

Same problem over here, I think removing domains or disabling SSL is broken on latest DirectAdmin. Recently moved a couple of domains from one user to another external server. Disabled SSL on the user/ssl page. Now I'm getting daily "Error during automated certificate renewal for ...." tickets since Directadmin still tries to renew these certificates completely ignoring SSL is disabled for these domains.

Normally you can just ignore these, after several days DA will stop trying to renew them.

Disabled SSL on the user/ssl page.
You disabled SSL or you disabled auto-renew? Normally if you disable auto-renew (there is a button for that), then things will be fine.
Just disabling SSL does not do the trick. However, this should also be fixed by DA indeed.

However, there is a small issue that if an account gets deleted, something is not deleted with it, so the renewal still will be done.
That needs fixing by DA.

Good point, I disabled SSL thinking that would just disable the auto-renew as well. Now I re-enabled SSL and afterwards disabled auto-renew but that also doesn't seem to work now. Maybe because of the weird order of steps for that. Hope DirectAdmin will fix this though.

Back