DirectAdmin 1.63.1 has been released

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.63.1.

This version includes a series of bug-fixes and a couple of improvements, change-log can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.63.1

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!
fln

Last edited:
Did this update earlier today and ran into some problems, reporting them here in case someone else is seeing these. Could be unrelated, not sure.

Admittedly, I had an unrelated problem with Mod Security - which stopped working. I may have inadvertantly reset the DirectAdmin setting trying to reload something.

Still, in case this was related to this update...

After updating, all of the certificates on websites were no longer valid. I needed to go back into DirectAdmin GUI and resave the existing LetsEncrypt certificates, then they started working again.

On the server itself, which has the form server.website.com, that certificate was also showing as invalid or missing. I noticed all of the server settings in the Admin Settings section were gone. When I fill out the server name and name servers, I tried to save the file. But at this point I keep getting an error:

A segmentation fault has occurred http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=185

Looking at the log, I see this

2021:11:07-07:06:23: Socket write error: fd is connected to a pipe or socket whose reading end is closed. When this happens the writing process will also receive a SIG_PIPE signal. (Thus, the write return value is seen only if the program catches, blocks or ignores this signal.)
2021:11:07-07:06:24: Socket write error: fd is connected to a pipe or socket whose reading end is closed. When this happens the writing process will also receive a SIG_PIPE signal. (Thus, the write return value is seen only if the program catches, blocks or ignores this signal.)
2021:11:07-07:41:37: *** Segmentation fault *** Command::doCommand(/CMD_ADMIN_SETTINGS) :
Followed by the Admin settings.

Finally, when I try to access the Admin SSL section, I get this error

Cannot Execute Your Request​

mail_sni is not enabled

Bill

Last edited:
User > Account Manager > SSL Certificates

The certificates were still there, all I did was go into this section / tab:
Paste a pre-generated certificate and key

And hit the Save button

Then the certificates were valid again.

We have released a hot-fix for the beta and current release channels. Latest build with the fix is a7632e8d7e8d18200955896464b242c5df79f109.

Initial released caused problems with our installer script. The problem was caused by license handling changes in the dataskq binary. This hot-fixes reverts some changes until we iron-out the installation procedure.

Back