FastCGI May Be Necessary for Wordpress sites to function, having difficulty finding it

Try

Code:
cd /usr/local/custombuild/scripts
./set_permissions.sh all

I haven’t used Apache or mod_ruid2 (is that installed?) in years.. why not switch to Apache + PHP-FPM?

why not switch to Apache + PHP-FPM
You missed the options.conf config on the previous page? He is using Apache + php-fpm. I was just checking if mod_ruid2 was not active, because that can cause issues in combination with php-fpm.

When you say ownership, I am not sure what you mean?
Owner ship is owner, so chown, not chmod.

Like user:user /public_html and not
apache:user /public_html

Couldn't heart to use the command of Erulez, because that would set ownership correct.
Because normally when Wordpress is asking for FTP credentials, it does not have direct access, which normally means ownership issue.

I tried the command provided by Erulez, only the correct path is /usr/local/directadmin/scripts

After running this command, it still doesn't work. I verified that uploading images and updating plugins had worked previously, on the old server I ported over from, but for some reason it just won't work on this new server. I cannot upload images into wordpress, and I cannot update themes, plugins, or the wordpress core itself. And the user permissions are all correct. I also tried changing the mode to fastcgi, and that didn't work at all, so I changed it back to php-fpm.

Is there anything else that I can try? Perhaps there is a setting in DA that I am missing, in order to allow wordpress to modify the files? Most of the sites I was attempting to migrate to this new server are wordpress sites, and they won't be able to have any new images added to them (except, perhaps, manually). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Perhaps there is something I need to set up in the CustomBuild plugin?

One other thing, I noticed in the service monitor that the service called "named" is not active, and cannot be started. Was that replaced by httpd, or is that something else entirely? And would installation of that module be likely to fix this issue? Thanks again for all your help.

If I do need to submit a ticket, how would I do so? Thank you so much!

I noticed in the service monitor that the service called "named" is not active, and cannot be started.
That is odd. Named is your nameserver and should be running. In Centos it's called named. If you're running Debian/Ubuntu it might be called Bind, but you should check via SSH that it's running.

This is what you still can try:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build all d
which will take some time because it will rebuild everything, but won't destroy things. If somewhere something is set wrong (like maybe old fcgi stuff), this is the best chance to get it right.

As for submitting a ticket, that depends on your license. On a personal license you can 't send in a ticket.
For other licenses, you have to go here:
you need your client id and pass to login.

So, I ran the command you provided, and it came back with the following error message:
virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory
make: *** [Makefile:976: ext/fileinfo/libmagic/apprentice.lo] Error 1

This was after:
-c /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-7.4.27/ext/fileinfo/libmagic/apprentice.c -o ext/fileinfo/libmagic/apprentice.lo

I am not sure what this means. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again!

free -m
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 1816 1015 259 102 542 557
Swap: 0 0 0

You need a swap partition. Below 2 GB it's required and you're just on the limit.

Maybe, just maybe, you can reach it when you stop all services in directadmin before you start the build.

Back