DirectAdmin v1.641 has been released

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.641.

Highlights of this release are Wordpress Manager direct auto-login feature, reseller DNS administration page, various fixes and improvements. This release includes a big internal update to Evolution skin customizations support.

Release Change log can can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.641

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!
fln

reseller DNS administration page
I presume this is as a replacement for the DNS administration page you formerly got in Enhanced thread by loggin in as the user and then selecting DNS administration?
Or will this also be available if the reseller logs in as the user again? Which would be better because user and/or reseller might not use the same skin.

Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.641.

Highlights of this release are Wordpress Manager direct auto-login feature, reseller DNS administration page, various fixes and improvements. This release includes a big internal update to Evolution skin customizations support.

Release Change log can can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.641

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!
fln
Hello,

have made the update and now i have the following error message to enter in DA...
Already have tried with the restart of DA but dont work...

Any Help?

Thanks
JM

===
oops!
Privileges needed to load the skin have not been granted for this account or unexpected issue has happened. Please contact your administrator.
===screenshot 2022-06-01, às 15.24.04.jpg

Hello,

have made the update and now i have the following error message to enter in DA...
Already have tried with the restart of DA but dont work...

Any Help?

Thanks
JM

===
oops!
Privileges needed to load the skin have not been granted for this account or unexpected issue has happened. Please contact your administrator.
===View attachment 5573
Same problem here...

@jmmm or @Pzz, may you create a ticket or just send access details in PM to check the issue? I was unable to reproduce it yet.

@fln The login key view issues seems mostly solved.
But in the allowed section the numbers still cause a visual glitch.Webopname_1-6-2022_16492_da.danielhost.nl.jpeg

Regarding the Ehanced skin oops message - this might happen if you have been staying in the Evolution skin during update. There are a lot of changes in Evolution so a full reload is required to load new files.

If full reload does not help. It might also be caused by and update being terminated abruptly. Executing da permissions should fix it, but it would be great to follow-up why update was terminated. Results of update (with errors) will be sent as a system message.

@jmmm , @Pzz thanks for reporting, we found the issue is triggered by having external CSS configured in Evolution customizations. Pushing a hot-fix.

Ohh no, it's starting again... Please leave it in beta channel for maybe another day next time. 10 hotfixes (or however many it has been on last update) just cause a lot of mess and confusion.
I would tend to agree. Again, I'll mention - there needs to be some type of incentive for people to run beta because you obviously don't have enough people running beta that are finding these issues before they get to a release point.

@webcraft it really depends on the kind of issue. For some we could leave it in beta for the next half a year and still nobody will notice, or make a release and fix it in 10 minutes after first report. Usually the reports are from non standard configurations that were introduced long time ago and not widely used.

To facilitate this we introduced DA internal auto-updates, which make the release to roll-out incrementally. For DA installations that have autoupdate=1 set in directadmin.conf they will receive this update sometime within the next 7 days after release. If we get a report that something does not work as expected we release a hot-fix which get auto-installed to affected servers within hours (we can control hot-fix deploy rate separately from major version upgrade). Also the order who receives an update first is randomized for each release meaning there are no fixed set of servers that always receive the update early or late.

So the hot-fixes are troublesome only if you are upgrading DA by hand.

Old autoupdate mechanism (using custombuild) was a bit more crude. It was adding a cron based daily or weekly auto-update which makes all the servers to switch to new version at the same time. However in the latest CB versions we have disabled it so that DA could auto-update itself at its own pace.

I would tend to agree. Again, I'll mention - there needs to be some type of incentive for people to run beta because you obviously don't have enough people running beta that are finding these issues before they get to a release point.
same here, but I have already reported this to DA 2 days ago... (ticket 40853), along with other bugs, i was really surprised that they put out a release even though bugs were reported

@apogee just pulled the ticket to check it out. To find the root cause we usually need access to the machine where we could reproduce the issue and find the root cause. Without that we are just shooting in the dark. Thanks to @jmmm we were able to do that fairly quickly.

Anyway, thanks for report. We probably need to mark you account as "reliable reports" somehow because we are also receiving a lot of false positive requests especially from a lifetime license users.

@fin I can give u access but this is a productive system, we had alpha on this system because of a bug (see ticket 40854).

I have reported many many bugs to you (I have 2 dev servers with few free test users and test everything before we put it on productive) which you have mostly ignored especially when it came to translations, but this is an old topic which I do not want to rehash here.

Yes, I only have lifetimes (and owned) licences, true, but since you revoked my dev licenses, I also have lifetimes on my dev systems. I send only tickets on “owned” licenses, so u get also "some" money from us (each year).

We will look into this. Any bug reports or issues is really valuable. However they do not always reach development team. It is a good opportunity to review our ticketing system workflow and internal policies. I hope v1.641 release resolves your custom translations issues.

@fin in the past I had access to your mantis (on directadmin.dev or custombuild.eu) to open tickets to the devs but you (DA) took that away from me too after I've posted it to the public here... I don't want to bother you but only help to make DA better (yes also for my own benefit)

Last edited:
@webcraft If you're worried about hot fixes in the current channel, you can always switch to the stable channel.

Back