DirectAdmin SSL on Virtualmin

Kyo

Verified User
Hello,
i have domain.com on DirectAdmin server so i have generated wildcard certificate for my domain then trying to upload this certificate on virtualmin but getting error
Failed to install certificate : Private key is password-protected, but either none was entered or the password was incorrect
i have not set any password during certificate generation, i have another domain on cPanel its certificate get installed on virtualmin so I am thinking maybe its due to certificate type anyone can guide me ?

Hello,

Do you have virtualmin on the same server with DirectAdmin? And you really use an upload function of Virtualmin in order to install certificates?

same server
DA server domain.com pointed to 127.0.0.1
virtualmin server downloads.domain.com pointed to 192.168.1.1
both server is different

because my main domain is on DA so i generate wildcrd certificate *.domain.com then copy key and SSL and past into according to place in virtualmin but its give me error that i am using protected key, also i have another site on cpanel i have moved generate same and copy and past same way and its SSL works only DA SSL saying that error

You might try and re-generate a certificate in DirectAdmin using RSA 4096 key. See whether it helps and let us know please.

Back