IP got blacklisted

Susan

Trying to log in and I got our IP address blacklisted. The page that it brings me to and this info: /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_blacklist --- means nothing to me. Need help in english please! We have been locked out of our email for days. I'm trying to get the office up and running again and am very frustrated with this migration.

The page that it brings me to and this info: /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_blacklist --- means nothing to me. Need help in english please!
Sorry but what is non-English about that info? I presume you mean you need easier howto information?
Like it says, login to SSH, then edit /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_blacklist and remove your ip.

Like webhostingux says, after that you can also whitelist your ip by using the /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_whitelist you can create yourself.
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=306

If that is not what you mean, then explain which kind of English you mean. :)

Hi, I run into a same problem, i do not know where to find de file, my local folders? the path /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_blacklist - does not exist. I have a free host server,

If you are not the administrator of the server then you need to ask the administrator to do it. They will most certainly know about the blacklist file. But of course you only get what you pay for.

Hi, I run into a same problem, i do not know where to find de file, my local folders? the path /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_blacklist - does not exist. I have a free host server,

Also take care if you are using CSF firewall there is also a IP block possible.

If Hoster is responsible for that then aske them to release your IP , but check why it is blocked is important to know to!

You can check your current ip on services like whatsmyip.com. Otherwise they will have to tell you all blocked IPs.

Directadmin is so weird, why have brute force monitor, Modsecurity, CSF and Imunify, and at the end the IP is being blocked in a hidden file

/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip_blacklist

lol

Directadmin is so weird, why have brute force monitor, Modsecurity, CSF and Imunify, and at the end the IP is being blocked in a hidden file

lol
It's not hidden though, you can edit it via the File Editor in DA

"lol"

@Zhenmue
if you not want those, Just remove it and let hacker playing with your server.
( Im just joking ).

Modsecurity is Web Application Firewall and it doesn't block by itself, it just throw error or force stop hacker from enter the web site. it work likely detector.

BFM just detector system. but it will help you prevent the bruteforce that csf firewall doesn't or buggy. but it still need CSF Firewall to blocked.

csf firewall is real your door, it can be bruteforce protection or can control any INCOMING or OUTGOING network.

imunity360 is not install by Directadmin, it your choice to use.

lol

Different tools for different things with some overlap. Not one will do everything.

@Zhenmue
if you not want those, Just remove it and let hacker playing with your server.
( Im just joking ).

It blocked the single-owner of a small store (that was the last block). if he used a wrong DA Password, it was 2-3 times and not 100 times...

so,he is not really a hacker.

And in my 3 DA Servers, this blacklist has only ever had false positive of real clients, i haver never seen 1 IP that doesn't belong to a client.

I'm not saying it happens all the time. but it happens.

Back