Admin Backup/Transfer is Confusing

enginaar

Verified User
Hi,

I've been using Admin Backup/Transfer to migrate accounts to a newly installed server. I'm picking user1 belonging to reseller1 and selecting upload to ftp. When the backup is complete I'm seeing a file named user.admin.user1.tar.gz at the new server and when I restore the file it restores into admin reseller instead of the reseller1 that already exists.

What should I do if I wanted to move user1 belonging to reseller1 on one server to reseller1 on the other server?

Thank you,
Engin

If user1 actually belongs to reseller1 then the resulting backup file should be user.reseller1.user1.tar.gz. If you want you can try changing the file name. You can also use the move user feature.

If user1 actually belongs to reseller1 then the resulting backup file should be user.reseller1.user1.tar.gz. If you want you can try changing the file name. You can also use the move user feature.

That's my understanding as well, which is why it's confusing. I've already moved the user to reseller1 from admin reseller but the backups generated are still user.admin.user1.tar.gz

Check the file /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/users.list and make sure user1 is not still listed.

I don't see anything in that file as I believe it should be. I also see user1 listed under reseller1 when starting the backup. I took some screenshots that you can see below showing the real account names for the reseller and user.

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 10.19.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 10.20.51 AM.png

Back