Cleanly uninstall Roundcube

chwba

Verified User
I have looked over all the threads I had found here in the forum but they were very very old, so would appreciate if someone could tell how to do it properly.

Why do I want to uninstall it? I want to make sure nobody will use it to send an email with it because our websites server-ip will be exposed in the email-header and i prefer to keep this one very secret and secure for ddos protection purposes. - For emails I currently use a separate VPS with Thunderbird and a mailgun smtp login installed with identities from my domain configured.

Last edited:
Looks to me like this (on Centos):
Code:
cd /var/www/html
rm -rf roundcubemail*
there is a symlink roundcube there too, you might have to remove that too however, it won't do anyhthing anymore.

Then to prevent custombuild building it again by accident if you do a ./build roundcube:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set roundcube no
rm -f roundcubemail*

Don't you need to do.
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set roundcube no
./build remove_items

I thought remove items were for this purpose to uninstall applications?

https://forum.directadmin.com/threa...rectadmin-1-46-or-later-is-recommended.44743/

30. How is it possible to remove software that is not set in the options.conf file, but is installed on the system?
Please use the following command to list all of the items that are available for removal:
Code:
./build list_removals

You can choose any item from the list to remove. To remove them all use:
Code:
./build remove_items

Last edited:
Is there a list of all possible commands like this one? If not it would be great to have one!

Is there a list of all possible commands like this one? If not it would be great to have one!

Back