2 different SSL in one computer?

jeffery

Verified User
I have currently a SSL certificate working, however, I need to get another domain to be secured. So I purchase another SSL certificate and want to get it installed in one computer.

I have two different IP for those certificates, however, when I installed the new certificate, the old certificate will be overwritten by the new one. That means https://firstdomain still run the new certificate...

What should I do now?

I have set two virtual host with 2 different IP and certificates, however, DA still get it messed up..
:(

Hello,

You'd need to have 1 domain through admin on the servers IP, then you'd need to create a new user with an "owned" IP for the 2nd domain on the 2nd IP.

John

Jeffery, I've been doing this for years; we've never had one cert override another; why do you think it'll happen to you?

Did you install the first cert manually or through the DA interface?

Jeff

Jeff, I think so,
I don't know why such a nightmare happened on me.. =)

Both certificate are installed through the DA interface, one is a ChainSSL and one is a standard Single root certificate.

Maybe the first certificate was not installed propably, now I have got it worked, by changing the settings of virtual hosts.

But, I still want to know what's the proper way to set 2 different certificate, through DA?

Thanks!

:confused:

Certs are set up through the site (user) interface; there's no way you can have one override the other if you set them up through the site (user) interface.

Jeff

Back