Solved A few questions about DNS Cluster

castris

Verified User
After finishing my templates and testing them, I only have one question left.

The DNS Clusters issue.
I have seen the option mentioned in [FAQ for DirectAdmin new customers](https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/faq-for-directadmin-new-customers.58062/) and reviewed [DirectSlave](https://directslave.com/)

- Your community forum link does not work.
- I downloaded your latest version and felt quite out of place. Besides being inactive for a long time.

The DNS issue is too important to leave it in the hands of something you don't know well.

So I thought, it would be better to use the DNS Cluster with a DA license.

I understand that:
- Two standard licenses are needed for the DA DNS only. (each of the cluster's DNS)
- Once configured, will any DA instance that wants to be configured to use said DNS be covered?
- Can it be used so that the Web DAs behave like DNSXX and DNS1 DA DNS using a single STANDARD DA DNS server as a secondary?

See the image attached.

The importance of the DNS is capital,

Best regards.

Attachments

• CLUSTER.png
    CLUSTER.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 28
- Two standard licenses are needed for the DA DNS only. (each of the cluster's DNS)
Not to my knowledge. You can ask DA sales to be sure, but if one is used for DNS multiserver only, then if I'm correct, you can also use a personal license on that VPS/server. That's way cheaper.
The server which actually has the domains and websites indeed need a standard license.

- Once configured, will any DA instance that wants to be configured to use said DNS be covered?
If you mean that any DNS changes made (so also new domain creation and removal of DNS records) will be replicated on the multiserver, then yes.

- Can it be used so that the Web DAs behave like DNSXX and DNS1 DA DNS using a single STANDARD DA DNS server as a secondary?
Web DA needs standard license, you can also use that as NS!. And the single (only DNS server/vps) can be used as NS2 so secondary server yes.
But again, ask DA sales, because I think you only need 1 standards license and for secondary with DNS only, then only personal license.

I use DriectAdmin Personal Plus for cluster (thousands of domains) it is not limited for dns on domains ...

I use 2 independent VPS and to them are connected multiple servers - works perfectly as number 1 on the picture...

In APAC region as it is new locations and do not have option for anycast I use my hosting servers as second dns for each other

Last edited:
Back