Admin Backups

rvn

Hello,

I did a backup from DA in Admin -> Admin Tools -> Admin Backups

after my Directadmin reinstallation I try to restore the backup from Admin -> Admin Tools -> Admin Backups

its fail with reason "License is limited to 1 accounts, and you currently have 1" but I try to restore to the same Admin account.

I'm having a personal license.

anyone can help me please?

Seems a bug to me. Maybe next time you can better use the user backup option on a personal license.
I don't know how to fix this as this should not happen, it should just overwrite the admin account if you haven't changed anything.

Maybe there is a faster/better method. But if you don't get answer, you can always do a manual restore. Extract the backup file, put all files in public_html back. And for mysql you can create the database again and then import the sql file from the backup.

As for the mail you could maybe use imapsync.

Hopefully somebody has a better idea.

I had to re-install DA early on and restore with my personal license. Follow the advice in this help document. I do really wish the system would recognize / allow merger through the default interface with this license type; would have made things a lot easier...

Did you change the default admin username? If you changed the default admin username, add the backup to the /home/admin/backups folder and restore it from the the user backup interface. After that, run the change_username.sh script again. This way, you merge all the account properties into the existing default admin user, and once that's done you can change the default username again. That's just how I did it.

Last edited:
Back