AgileBill DA plugin released

agileco said:
In the meanwhile, contact me via agileco and we can discuss a site license so your resellers can each have their own AB installation.
I've sent you a private message and have not yet gotten a reply.

Jeff

rldev said:
Can the module upgrade and downgrade hosting plans?

Not at this time, as I stated in my first post this was not implemented as we could not find documentation on a way to accomplish this via the API. If this is added to the API or we simply overlooked it, we will most certianly add that feature into our DA plugin for AgileBill.

hostpc.com said:
Does your program have any conversion scripts from other billing programs?

I'm looking for a replacement for whoiscart - but the thought of re-keying 3000 accounts manually doesnt really appeal to me :)

No, but we do have plans to build import wizards for other popular billing programs. If you are seriously interested, please contact me via e-mail, sales at agileco.com.

How about the ability for clients to upgrade and downgrade their accounts?

rldev said:
How about the ability for clients to upgrade and downgrade their accounts?

No, this was not implemented as we could not find documentation on a way to accomplish this via the DA API, so there is no way to create that functionality on our DA plugin...

interfasys said:
Any plan to let user manage their Enom account from AB (like Modernbill)?

Yes, we will be adding this functionality at some point, but some of the other features are much higher on our list right now.

I suggest you get to work on your DA support. MBill will have all of the following very shortly as well as automated bandwidth and disk space overage billing:

Will Support, the following plan creation features, ability to upgrade/downgrade, and properly implemented Add On Domains and account syncing.

Sub-Domains
Email Accounts
Email Forwarders
Mailing Lists
AutoResponders
MySQL Databases
Domain Pointers
Ftp Accounts

Anonymous Ftp Accounts
CGI Access
PHP Access
SpamAssassin
SSL Access
SSH Access
DNS Control
Suspend At Limit
Skin

Everything is currently available in the DA API to do this now. I really like your product, but it just does not do enough to currently justify the cost. Perhaps that will change in a month. Keep up the good work.

Will agile allow you to provision accounts to different control panels depending on which package they choose?

Yes, you can setup unlimited servers, and associate each product/plan to a specific server.

OK, after buying and banging my head against the wall with another un-named extremely complex and well, flat out confusing billing package which also has DA integration....

We decided to look elswhere and try to sell or get a refund for our owned license of the previously mentioned product.

After reading and looking quite a bit I decided to download AgileBill and install it.

I installed the trial late last night, it was pretty darn easy..

I spent a few hours today tinkering with the admin/config side of things and I am extremely impressed.

I think they totally blow the other billing apps out of the water from what I have seen so far.

They have some issues but I am mostly impressed..

I was going to purchase the $199 package tonight and wait a bit on some of the other Add-ons.

Have any of your here puchased and installed it? Do you have any comments good or bad?

Please don't reply to the post because I don't want to poo all over the Agile folks, please email me directly at [email protected]

Of course if the comments are good, feel free to post them, if they are bad please email me directly :)

WholesaleDialup said:
Of course if the comments are good, feel free to post them, if they are bad please email me directly :)
Isn't that pretty self-serving? Sure you'll get your answers, but none of the rest of us will.

I strongly suggest a healthy dialogue based on both good and bad experiences; this would be helpful to all of us.

I've removed your similar post. While it's not quite a duplicate, it's asking for the same response in the same forum.

Jeff

The basic problem with AgileBill in terms of DA integration is that it is far too limited at the moment. No ability to track and bill for bandwth overages automatically. No ability to upgrade and downgrade accounts. No ability to properly "Add a Domain" to an existing account. No ability to to sync accounts between the two softwares. These are imperative items in a billing software IMHO.

Is there any billing software that works that closely with DA?
I'm looking at several packages (Modern, Clientexec, etc) and the details on the integration are quite vague...

Modernbill's next update to the DA module should have very tight integration.

jlasman said:
Isn't that pretty self-serving? Sure you'll get your answers, but none of the rest of us will.

I strongly suggest a healthy dialogue based on both good and bad experiences; this would be helpful to all of us.

I've removed your similar post. While it's not quite a duplicate, it's asking for the same response in the same forum.

Jeff

It was not meant as "Self Serving" or selfish, in fact my thoughts were quite the opposite. I did not want to encourage folks to bash the mans product within his own post. That's all, I think you read a little too much into my post.

All in all I decided not to use AgileBill after purchasing it. I am not sure this is a reflection of any lack of anything in the product, just an overall dissapointment with the 4 packages we evaluated over the last two weeks. We decided to go back to the drawing board and continue development on our own app. For us, it seems the only way to trust what we are using. We have found that the overall quality of product, documentation and support are way less than we can live with with all the apps we evaluated. I think this is just an indication that the hosting community seem to accept far less in the way of quality in return for a few whiz bang feaures like plugins for CP's and Gateways.

So, I am sorry to say that after buying 4 applications (2 purchased and 2 lease) we decided to go back to our own development as the solution.

Biggest issue for us was that it seems that folks sit down and write these apps, make them pretty tough to understand then expect folks to figure out what they were thinking when they wrote it without so much as a step by step to billing your first customer.

I will still say that of the applications we played with, AgileBill was probably our favorite.

Just my 2c worth....

Well owning licenses for whoiscart, modernbill and agilebill I can state that the comparitive overview on the agilebill site is misleading (or at the very best out-of-date) where other billing systems are concerned.

I have been using ModernBill for my billing because it was and still is the most complete billing solution that supports DirectAdmin. AgileBill on the other hand is great as a general purpose billing system that also supports hosting customers (yes I mean that the hosting addon is just that an addon).

1. Whoiscart was built for ordering domain names and it's great for doing that, lately they've added an option for hosting.
2. AgileBill is a general purpose billing systen and was not originally designed as a billing solution for hosting companies, they've lately added a hosting add-on to allow billing for hosting companies but it's not complete. You guys need to work on this to take on ModernBill.
3. ModernBill was designed with the hosting company in mind. It integrates with several registrars and control panels, it integrates with 3rd party Affiliate programs. Don't try to use ModernBill for general billing as I can tell you it's not suited for that.

Overall conclusion is that each billing system has it's strong and weakpoints. If you only worry about hosting then get ModernBill, if you only do domain names WhoisCart is for you. If you want an allround billing system get AgileBill.

None of the billing systems allow for resellers at the moment although AgileBill have announced that they are looking into this. This is also a feature request for ModernBill.

At the end of the day decide what your business requirements are and based on yoru business requirements choose your billing system.

Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

Back