Allow Domain SSL to be readed by public.

realcryptonight

Verified User
IDK if this is the right thread. (Let me know if its wrong and where it should be so i can change it.)

But i recently bought my own directadmin license and i love it :) .
I notice that phpmyadmin is installed by default so i don't have to do it.
So i added my external mysql servers that are not on the same machine as directadmin.
Then i added the SSL part so it would comunicate over SSL with MySQL. (Since SSL/TLS is an must for external connections.)
Then i added my SSL settings and locations.

Settings:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['ssl'] = true;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['ssl_key'] = '/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/**MyUser**/domains/**My Domain Here**.key';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['ssl_cert'] = '/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/**MyUser**/domains/**My Domain Here**.cert';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['ssl_ca'] = '/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/**MyUser**/domains/**My Domain Here**.cacert';

And when i refreshed the page i got an Cannot read file error.
So i go to the SSL locations and check permissions and noticed that it has no public read permission. (Needed since phpmyadmin via php trys to read it.)
I changed the permission to also allow public reading and left the rest for what is was.
And that works.
But when i change the SSL since it has expired it gets the defualt permissions again with no public reading.
So is there anyone that knows how to force directadmin to allow public reading to the SSL file locations?

Back