Allow users to change skin?

twv

Verified User
Is it possible to allow users to change their own skins?

Yes. By default in Evolution it is found in the top right, select the drop down and a panel slides out for you to configure Evolution or change skins.

New(ish) skins are knocking around on here.

I must be blind, but I don’t see it in Evolution or Enhanced.

You're not blind, I'm not seeing it either.
In that menu only got the following options:
Login History
Password
Logout

It should work when you have this in directadmin.conf:
Code:
user_can_select_skin=1
by default this is 0. You can add this and restart directadmin, however I do have this and logged in as another user and don't see any possibility to change.

When I change my reseller account to Evo skin, I also do not have this ticked:
Code:
Forbid users changing the skin layout on user level

And still they can not change the skin or skin options, except for display as grid or display as list.
Even the search function does not give anything.

So I'm interested in why this is not working here either.

Reactions: twv
Hi guys,

For the user_can_select_skin=1... I've tested on this end, but not seeing any issues with the ability to change skins.

It's done through the "Account Stats / Logs" page.
Enhanced: /CMD_USER_STATS?domain=domain.com
Evolution: /user/stats/account?domain=domain.com: Click "Edit Account Config" to get the modal popup.

The top-right bits in Evo are only for changing Evo settings, and are not related to the skin-change option.

Let me know if you're still having issues.. a ticket may be needed if it's something oddball, (aka, may need to login to check what's up)

John

I used search on Evo and could not find it with the search option.

On Evo it's on Site Summary / Statistics / Logs indeed.
Same on Enhanced. Thank you.

However, that is a very odd place to have something like this implemented at a statistic page.
One would expect it directly under one of the main features, not under statistics.

Reactions: twv
I used search on Evo and could not find it with the search option.

On Evo it's on Site Summary / Statistics / Logs indeed.
Same on Enhanced. Thank you.

However, that is a very odd place to have something like this implemented at a statistic page.
One would expect it directly under one of the main features, not under statistics.

I agree. I’m glad it’s available at all, but I still had trouble finding it even though I knew where to look!

Back