(Another) Strange problem

Yoshua

Verified User
CloudLinux release 7.9 (Boris Yegorov)
OS, Services and Directadmin updated

In the user panel, in the "E-mail Manager" section, the "Sent" column is not displayed and the limits of emails sent by each account cannot be managed. Unfortunately we do not know from which version this error occurred, but before it worked correctly, we have checked and several clients with this problem had the limits configured, the files corresponding to these limits are present in "/etc/virtual/domain.com/limit/".

1675452911895.png

1675452934070.png

1675452971558.png

All the existing user accounts on the server have the same problem, we have checked more servers and the error is on 3 other hosting servers, but if a new account is created on any of them on different resellers or imported from another server , they do not have this error.

1675453064568.png

1675453079704.png

We have spent several hours comparing existing users with a new one looking for differences in their settings, file structure, permissions, options, etc... in "/etc/virtual/", "/home/", "/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/", changing skin, resetting options, everything... but we haven't found anything and as I said, a strange problem, since I haven't found anything related to this in Google.

Thanks.

Nothing? :mad:

Well, this problem is very rare, even the developers don't know what this problem is...

Good job DirectAdmin, thanks. :D

Seeing that they are not going to respond here, due to necessity and urgency we have created a ticket... This, although it may seem incredible, is the response to our ticket with the same text and same screenshots as in this thread... For this we pay support in several accounts, so they don't even read what you tell them and don't look at the screenshots.

1676145748448.png

They tell us twice that if it is a primary email account, that this could be the problem, when we have told them that it is not possible in any email account and we attach a screenshot in which they can see several email accounts and they are all without that column and without those options and in another screenshot they can see how in the creation of a new email account in the same user the option to limit it is not shown either, we also indicate that in the same server, in a new created user, it does work and we attach a screenshot again in which it can be seen that the main email account does not allow it to be managed, but the column exists and in the following email account it does allow it to be managed. But they don't understand any of this and they don't look at the captures.

Then they tell us that there are other ways to manage the limits, when we are already telling them that we know those files, they already exist and are applied, but how do they want our clients to be able to manage the limits of their email accounts without SSH root access?

And to complete, they tell us where we can configure the settings of email limitations for accounts, when we are telling them that on the same server some accounts do work and others do not and what before, it did work correctly.

In the end, we will have to solve it on our own, if we are going to have to wait 24 hours for each response of this type, which seems typical responses from the telecommunications company, they have failed to tell us if we have tried to restart the router... 😄😆

Hmmz.. that is sad news. They just closed without any further comment? You can re-open the same ticket if I'm not mistaken and ask why it's closed without decent answer. I hope you get it fixed.

Thanks, as always, for replying Richard. ;)
We believe we have found a solution, we have identified the problem by comparing correct accounts on the same server with accounts affected by the problem, what we have been able to determine after analyzing logs and dates is that for some reason Directadmin has randomly deleted (or at least we have not found any relationship), the default email account of several users, since they do not have a default email account, Directadmin does not show that column for any other email account and sending limitations cannot be managed, users, resellers or even the admin, cannot delete the user's default email account, it could only be done by deleting the corresponding line in the passwd file in /etc/virtual/domain.tld/, it is a very serious bug and we see it in several hosting servers. Now we will have to manually create default email accounts with the same user as the user account so that the client can once again see and manage the sending limits of their other email accounts.
It's funny that we have several licenses for years and many with support and that we have to dedicate hours and days to solve the problems of this software without any help from Directadmin, this software has grown in part thanks to the contribution and dedication of many users, of which several are no longer with us and others I suppose why they no longer come here, so that now everything that Directadmin develops is only focused on earning more and more money and forgetting about customers as any of the other two does, but I suppose that's the goal, to become like Cpanel and Plesk and to be bought by Oakley Capital, which is already the owner of both. Hopefully they achieve their goal and can retire...

Now we will have to manually create default email accounts with the same user as the user account so that the client can once again see and manage the sending limits of their other email accounts.
That is odd. So suddenly users did not have their default mail account anymore?
If that is indeed caused by DA (and it looks like it) then indeed it's a serieus bug. Good that you found a solution, however, the exact cause should be investigated by DA.

On the other hand I'm wondering if there is any customisation which could be causing this as until now I've not seen others with this issue, and if it happens with several servers of you, one would expect to see this happening with more customers.
Hopefully not ofcourse, but if this is a real issue, one would expect to seen this happen on more places.

However this still does not take away any irritation about DA just closing a ticket without further comment. So I can sure understand your frustration.

We have the column 'Sent' on Poralix's servers. What do I miss?

View attachment 6520

We have already been able to determine that the user accounts that do not show the column sent in the email accounts are the ones whose default email account, that of the account username, has disappeared. Once an email account is created with the username of the account, the column sent and manage limits reappears.
How these email accounts have disappeared, which cannot be deleted from the user, reseller or administrator panel?, we do not know, but we are clear that @DirectAdmin Support cares little or nothing about this, this is the image they give, they do not respond, they don't ask anything, they don't care about customers.

How these email accounts have disappeared, which cannot be deleted from the user, reseller or administrator panel?

You should check all possible logs and review actions done on the server in the nearest past. Probably you will find clues.

Back