Anyone know an easy way to access Webalizer from index page? Will pay reasonable fee.

RealNames

Verified User
I prefer simply clicking on a link or perhaps a small image buried somewhere on the index pages (i.e. the page bottom) to access Webalizer Stats rather than being required to login to the server, or enter a /stats url into the browser window.

Does anyone have a script I can install where that can be done? BTW, in case you are wondering, really do not care if a websurfer accidently stumbles across the link and looks at my stats as that will rarely happen anyway and if it does why would it matter?

http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=32

To add a link to the bottom of DirectAdmin pages would require modification of the skin in /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/
But in order to see the link there you would have to login to directadmin so I'm not sure what you want. Hopefully the link I provided is what your looking for.

Do not want to add a link or image to bottom of Direct Admin but to the bottom of my website(s) index page, which then links directly to webalizer stats without logging in.

RealNames, if you're who I think you are, then we've already discussed this.

I can certainly create the code, either using your image, or a link, and write the code.

You'd have to add the code to each website you wanted it to work from.

Once you did that, clicking on the code would lead directly to the webalizer stats.

You could decide whether you wanted the stats public or password protected.

Jeff

Wanted to get started adding the code to all the index pages now rather than wait until next month. That's why I offered to pay a small fee to anyone who can offer the code to me now so I can start adding it right away. I am sure the code is relatively simple, right? Public is OK on most sites with an option to perhaps make it private on some sites. Thanks.

If you want to hire me, you should discuss it with me privately, either by telephone or email; not on these forums.

There are instructions for making stats available to the public in a How-To thread I wrote; you can find it here.

That would have to be done for every domain. It is possible to set that up to be done automatically, by writing a script, for all domains created on the server, but for any domains already created when the script is installed, you (or someone else) would have to do it manually.

From then it's a simple graphic and a simple bit of html; we or others could write that for you.

But it would be up to you to supply the graphic and, once the script is written, to install it on each page where you want it to work.

If you want someone else to design the graphic we could do that as well, but it would probably be much more cost effective to find a free graphic on the web or to create one yourself.

If you want someone else to place the graphic on each of your pages that could be done, but if we did it, it would be charged based on how long it took to add the script to each page.

Again, if you want to hire me, you should discuss it with me privately, either by telephone or email; not on these forums.

Jeff

Back