Attach IPv6 to DA license instead of IPv4

Sempiterna

Verified User
Hi,

I have a couple of IPv6 only servers (due to the rising prices of IPv4), and I was wondering if I can attach an IPv6 address to a Directadmin license instead of IPv4. I couldnt find much information about this.

Hi,

I have a couple of IPv6 only servers (due to the rising prices of IPv4), and I was wondering if I can attach an IPv6 address to a Directadmin license instead of IPv4. I couldnt find much information about this.
You can see a lot of da scripts always pointing to IPv4 addresses. So, technically, I don't think it is possible without IPv4.

The system requirement said:

At a bare minimum your server must have one static IPv4 IP address. However, for DNS control you will sometimes need at least two (2) IP addresses

You can email them if this is possible

I read that as well (the bare minimum part), but could hardly believe it since we're in 2021 now where IPv6 has been available and accepted for many years already and where IPv4 addresses are running out and are becoming more expensive.

I would run these servers behind a proxy (with both an IPv4 and IPv6 address) so that I only need one IPv4 address to serve several servers.

Back