Attention Coders... possible Idea here!

Two_A_T

Verified User
Greetings all!

I was browsing the threads (as usual) and came across this one:

http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1054

After confirming with l0rdphi1 via PM that this could work, I wanted to toss the idea out to the programmers of the group.

I'd like to see if someone could use l0rdphi1's PHP communication class to make a script where people can sign up for free or paid email accounts and have it set up the accounts in DA. According to him, this is what would be needed:

All you need is get/list/remove CMD email functions.
It would be a cross between a normal order script (MySQL) that doesn't (or could) process any payment, and a setup script that only creates a POP account under the domain in question. Once set up, the user would access their account via POP or webmail from there on and if they needed a PW change they could submit a request (unless this can be done by the script as well). Maybe include options to pay for higher mailbox size.. just brainstorming here ;)

Anyone game for attacking this? It would be another nice DA exclusive script in my opinion.

Would love to see the possibilities!

ProWebUK

Verified User
I would, unfortunately I have no idea how the communication works at all...... like the idea though.. :D

Two_A_T

Verified User
ProWebUK said:
I would, unfortunately I have no idea how the communication works at all...... like the idea though.. :D
Maybe l0rdphi1 will lend a hand? Give some details on how his communication class works :)

I also made the suggestion (referring back to this thread) to Whois.Cart a few minutes ago.. to see if they could integrate the idea into the cart... but I'm sure it would be a while before they did since they are concentrating on getting 2.2 Final out.

Here's the thread (for those of you who are registered on their forums:

http://whoiscart.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1126

l0rdphi1

Verified User
Proper API mail functions are being adding it in the next version.

I think I will do this when that comes out :)