Auto DNS over 2 boxes and Managed DNS

netearth

Verified User
Hi all,

I had a quick shifty and couldnt find anything so thought I would ask...

The 2 questions are: Dual DNS on 2 different servers automatically and Managed DNS services only.

Question 1:

On creating a domain in DA, is there any way that DA can auto create the DNS on another server so that it is on 2 servers, rather than 1.

My preference would be 1 on DA and 1 on Plesk as that is the 2 CP's we support.

Scenario:

Creating a reseller or a user only creates the DNS information on one server ie the one you are on, is there a routine/addon/hack that when a reseller/user is created it simply creates the DNS on 2 different servers and when the email is sent to new reseller/client it automatically has the 2 different servers listed for DNS?

That was the first question ;)

Second question:

Can DA be set to do only DNS changes, for instance I want to give free DNS services to my clients, I dont want them to have other services if they only want the DNS. Or is there a package anyone knows about that has a web interface that I can customise that only does DNS.

I can auto set the DNS on the registration side to 2 or 4 DNS servers, if punters want to use the free DNS, I just need the app to manage the DNS.

I dont mind having to pay for the solution, as long as I dont have to have to sell my arm, or nipper ;)

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Jeremy,

It may well sort out scenario 1, thanks for that will have a shifty, any ideas for q2?

Thanks,
Chris

For the second scenario, you can create a custom skin that allows nothing but access to the DNS control panel. DA would still set up everything, but it wouldn't be usable by anyone.

(I'm the guy who developed the solution to which Jerremy directed you; it should work with a Plesk server as the slave or the master but if Plesk doesn't follow standards you may have place the files elsewhere. if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread.)

Jeff

Back