Hi in CustomBuild / Edit Options / Cronjob Settings

Have this options
cron Yes
cron_frequency daily
notifications email
da_autoupdate no
updates no
webapps_updates no

But everyday makes updates, webapps updates, and today i see in the log directadmin autoupdate to.
So what iam missing to disable this autupdates?

I just only be notified about there is updates, and not to do autoupdate.

Also do you want the system to NOT update or do the updates? I can’t quite tell.

After you set the options did you run the
./build cron

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set cron yes
./build set cron_frequency weekly
./build set email [email protected]
./build set notifications yes
./build set da_autoupdate no
./build set update no
./build set clean_old_webapps yes
./build cron

Last edited:
Also do you want the system to NOT update or do the updates? I can’t quite tell.

After you set the options did you run the
./build cron

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set cron yes
./build set cron_frequency weekly
./build set email [email protected]
./build set notifications no
./build set da_autoupdate no
./build set clean_old_webapps no
./build cron

Thanks no i didn´t run the ./build cron only the save button.
So i cant do this by Directadmin Panel? Where i can find this option in the Panel?
I try to find in the CustomBuild / Build Software but its not there.

Rebards

I think it’s one of the other tabs
not near my Mac currently.

all the save button does is save the option.conf file.

Only see one option in CustomBuild Functions
Enable/update CustomBuild cronjob ------ Enables or updates cronjob used by CustomBuild to send notifications to specified email address about the updates, auto-update components.

Is this?

Regards

yes
Tab CustomBuild Functions
Enable/update CustomBuild cronjobEnables or updates cronjob used by CustomBuild to send notifications to specified email address about the updates, auto-update components.

To be honest, I don't enable auto updates, just notifications. I like to update manually...... It only takes one error, then, boom, server down.

To be honest, I don't enable auto updates, just notifications. I like to update manually...... It only takes one error, then, boom, server down.
That is what he is doing. He wants only notices.

As an aside
I have run auto-updates for more than a year yet to have an issue. Not advocating running auto here. Mostly just seeing if the code quality is good enough. I like doing manual updating as well.

He never ran
./build cron

Once you save the changes. You have run the ./build cron to make the system recognize them.

But he said it was updating software? How. when there's no cron and updates is set to no? I'm confused....

He never ran
./build cron

Once you save the changes. You have run the ./build cron to make the system recognize them.
But i think the button ./build cron the correct place is near Save, in cpanel we dont need to go to 2 places to do 1 thing.
Or after we make save shows a popup to choose to run ./build cron or not.

Regards

But i think the button ./build cron the correct place is near Save, in cpanel we dont need to go to 2 places to do 1 thing.
Or after we make save shows a popup to choose to run ./build cron or not.

Regards
Lots to learn. Keep reading the docs. This isn’t cpanel or a cpanel clone. It’s something different. It’s DirectAdmin.

He never ran
./build cron

Thank you. I've been trying to figure this out for ages. This is a massive usability bug! When you update and save settings in the interface you expect them to take effect. At lease a popup warning that you have to do this would be helpful.

Thank you. I've been trying to figure this out for ages. This is a massive usability bug! When you update and save settings in the interface you expect them to take effect. At lease a popup warning that you have to do this would be helpful.
No problem. All you are doing is saving the options.conf file with the save button. You have do ./build cron to make it work.

No problem. All you are doing is saving the options.conf file with the save button. You have do ./build cron to make it work.

Ya, I understand that now. However, it is not very intuitive. A warning or a popup with that information would be great. Heck, it doesn't even say that if you click the 'i' for more information. I feel like this information needs to be made much more clear.

Back