Back and Restore from one user account to another

cmarshall

Hi folks,

I've been using Direct Admin for years and never before thought to ask this question so please bear with me if I'm a simpleton....

I develop Joomla and Wordpress sites on a sandbox domain, such as demo.mycompany.com

Eventually I need to move these to production on the customer's domain when they are setup. But doing a manual move means that they're install outside of installatron and I lose all the good things about managing packages with installatron, like updating package versions on client domains from my reseller account.

My process has been to create a new customer, login as that customer, create the mysql, import the data and then move all files and edit the config.

My Question is this:
Is there any way within Direct Admin to backup a installatron pacakage installed on demo.mysite.com in my personal account and restore it to theirsite.com in my customer's account?

This would save me some time with manual moves, but more importantly it would save me hours of manually checking client versions for packages not installed / managed through installatron.

Alternate Question:
If this is not possible, is there a way to get installatron to recognize a manually installed Joomla or Wordpress. i.e., re-link it so a manually installed package can be managed through Installatron?

Newbie Forum Question:
As a new user to the forums I thought there would be a lot more threads here in Reseller-Level Difficulties to search through but I only saw 2 threads, so apologies if this is the wrong forum. I expected to have more posts to search through. What's up with that?

Thanks in advance!
ChadM

I believe Installatron can take over an installation made manually, though I'm not certain.

I believe you can back up from one user and restore to another, but I'm not sure of the details; hopefully someone else will reply.

As for the forums... check the date range you're looking at.

Jeff

Back