Backup and copy to another server and try to restore but failed, only one account failed

Sharif

Verified User
For some reason this happens after the update, both DirectAdmin the latest version on both servers, I try to move it to new server, so what I did is backup in old server the account, and upload to another server and try to restore but failed, only one account failed

Code:
Unable to extract backup/user.conf from /home/admin/admin_backups/user.reseller.user1.tar.gz
Error while extracting backup/user.conf to /home/admin/admin_backups/user1 as admin : /bin/tar: This does not look like a tar archive
/bin/tar: Skipping to next header
/bin/tar: backup/user.conf: Not found in archive
/bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

Cannot read /home/admin/admin_backups/user1/backup/user.conf : Unable to open /home/admin/admin_backups/user1/backup/user.conf for reading.
No such file or directory

When I try to back and restore on the old server, no error, and it has been restored in old server without a problem.

Looks like the .tar.gz on your destination server is corrupted somehow. Check that the file was uploaded correctly, or try to untar the file manually on the command line to see if you get the same error.

Yes, I did that, I did untar and do it again, which is not as smooth, this happens to me with multiple backup and usually transfer from server to another, I have to manually untar and tar again in the new server.

I think this is a known issue, you can't transfer from a server to another this way unless you do this manually.

I migrate accounts between DA servers using the admin backup/restore functionality all the time, and copy the resulting backup to the new server. No issues with corrupted tar files. Untaring and re-taring should not solve your problem.

Back