backup and restore imap local folders into new server

veryzak

Verified User
Local folders /oldhome and /oldroot from old server (not active) - Cenots 6 + directadmin

New server = Cenots 7 + Directadmin

What's needed, backup the folders from the old drive and restore it into the new sever setup

We have tried to copy the folders but got errors from users when sync via outlook, we need solution

Thanks

Why don't you use /reseller/backup functionality ?
When backup an restore DA takes care of the folders & permissions
If this is not what you want you can use program like Imapsync to sync them

I lost access to the old Direct Admin as it was on Centos 6 (and directadmin did not support Centos 6 anymore)

So I made fresh Cenots 7 install and enslaved the old Harddisk where the files were there

Any solution ?

Please refer to this thread on why I had the OS reinstalled

Active8 , I apepricate your help but it seems that you have not fully understood my message

the old server was running centos os 6, we made fresh install cenots 7 and enslaved the old hard (where the files of the old os 6 are there)

So no, I dont have access to the old DA installed on centos 6 because it stopped working (and I posted thread about it with no luck in help) only the local folders (but no DA interface what so ever)

so my question is, can I do anything with the local folders or it's pointless ?

can I do anything with the local folders or it's pointless ?
Depends on what folders you exactly mean.
If it's mail folders you can import the mails to your current server with imapsync as Active8 said.
As for other folders, depends on what you mean or which folders. Lots of things you can just rsync to your new server but not everything.

the local folders are mainly exact copy of the /home folder
under it
/Home/username/imap/emailaccount/
then /cur /new/ ...etc

Active8 , I apepricate your help but it seems that you have not fully understood my message
the old server was running centos os 6, we made fresh install cenots 7 and enslaved the old hard (where the files of the old os 6 are there)
So no, I dont have access to the old DA installed on centos 6
That was why I said:
I assume here that you still have access to the old server ..
So that was not an option and would not work then....

What came in my mind was did you restore the permissions after copying the folders on the new server ?
Once I had some problems with restore IMAP directory for an customer, resetting folder permission (with the DA script) was the solution,
Did you try that ?

no I didnt try that and I assume it is problem with permissions indeed

Would you please elborate on how to use DA to reset permission?

Have a look at this script:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/set_permissions.sh
when you execute it, you can see which permissions you can reset.

Or just use this one:
./set_permissions.sh all_with_domaindirs

Back