Backup skip files, keep everything else but as a second backup

chrismfz

Verified User
I use the system-backup to create everyday full backups of all users.

But from what I understand I cannot create multiple profiles. (One full to x destination, one structure/db only at y destination and so on)

I also need (for psychological reasons) a full backup without the home dir. Just the structure, mail accounts, zone information-domain information and of course databases.

In cPanel is use something like this in a cron or directly from console. Is the a DirectAdmin equivalent ?

Code:
my @cpusers = Cpanel::Config::Users::getcpusers();
foreach my $user (@cpusers) {

my $cmd = "/scripts/pkgacct --skiphomedir  " . $user . " /home/tarballs/   2>&1";
I saw this http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=58089 but i think it's globally. I need it separated. So I can run it from terminal or in a cron without affecting the full backups I already configured in UI.

I also saw this:
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=198
But in the command line I didn't saw something like "skip homedir" just emails and databases:
Code:
&database%5Fdata%5Faware=yes&email%5Fdata%5Faware=yes
I think I want the exact opposite :cool: (skip home, and don't skip anything else like domains, mails, DBs...)

zEitEr

Super Moderator
Hello,

There are no tools in DirectAdmin to recover anything from "system backups" from Admin level. You'd better use another type of a backup "Admin Backup/Transfer". It will give you more options and flexibility.

chrismfz

Verified User
I am sorry, didn't explained it good enough + I messed up.

I thought user backups don't have multiple profiles. I was wrong, they do.

So I got a full backup remotely and need a local "empty" backup. Structure only.

But I don't see them in "Restore" section and I thought I did something wrong.
admin_backups.PNG

restore_empty.PNG

zEitEr

Super Moderator
If you see then in restore section using Enhanced skin, then it's a bug in Evolution skin. If you don't see them with any skin, then it might be an issue with permissions. Or you need to change a folder to a sub-folder.