Bandwidth usage extremely high

depot123

Verified User
Hi, this concerns the total account bandwidth usage. (Not just the domain directory).

I have one account which is reporting enormous bandwidth usage for the last three days.
The average for that account for the first 17 days of this month is about 300MB.
The last three days are : 6.6GB, 15.4GB, and 11.4GB
The bandwidth breakdown report is showing this under Pop.

This usage so extremely high. The end user says there is nothing really unusual in their email usage recently.

I'm not sure where to investigate, or how I would get any more info on this. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Thanks.

Is it this old bug?

Is it this old bug?

Good morning Brent,
many thanks for that, appreciated.
It may not have been that issue though.
The usage yesterday dropped back to 6.9 GB - still extremely high but only around half of what it was the previous two days.
And this morning I have what is probably an explanation from the end-user. It seems he has one account which connects to a .pst file which is - wait for it - 49 GB in size. He noticed that Microsoft Outlook was running constantly, it seemed to be on a loop but never completing downloads. So he created a new .pst file and immediately downloaded everything from the server.

I'm going to watch this over the next few days. But my guess it that this was indeed just a bog standard stuck downloading issue.
And was not a DirectAdmin issue at all.

If that changes, I'll update this thread.
Thanks again for your input, much appreciated.

Back