Solved Best way to change the default PHP version

AhmetBas

Verified User
Hello,

What's the best way to change the default PHP version from 7.3 to 7.4? The problem is that PHP 7.3 is in use and it's not possible to have the same PHP version. I'm looking for a solution that does not affect the domains on the server.

Changing the default PHP version is easy. If you want the current users on 7.3 to keep using 7.3 then you have to put version 7.3 at another position and then move their config to that position.

I had exactly the same situation and you can find the correct answer here:

Also check the rest of the post, you might need the solution in post #40 too.

Changing the default PHP version is easy. If you want the current users on 7.3 to keep using 7.3 then you have to put version 7.3 at another position and then move their config to that position.

Thanks Richard, will check!

But in step 1 you are changing the PHP version to a different one, until step 2/3 it is possible that certain websites which do not support higher PHP versions will break until all steps are completed. :(

But in step 1 you are changing the PHP version to a different one, until step 2/3 it is possible that certain websites which do not support higher PHP versions will break until all steps are completed. :(
Yes, you can't prevent that, but that's only a short time. I don't know if you can run the same php version twice.
If I need some change like that, I'm doing it at night time when almost nobody is using the websites. It doesn't have any effect on normal mail.
The whole process doesn't take that long.

Yes, you can't prevent that, but that's only a short time. I don't know if you can run the same php version twice.
If I need some change like that, I'm doing it at night time when almost nobody is using the websites. It doesn't have any effect on normal mail.
The whole process doesn't take that long.
Yep, doing it in maintenance window is the only solution. No it's not possible to run the same PHP version, DA is preventing that :).

Off-topic, since you are active on this forum, do you have also a solution for this issue? https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/how-to-disable-lfd-in-da-service-monitor.66729/

do you have also a solution for this issue?
Unfortunately not. I did read that and thought of the same solution you thought of. But I also don't understand as to why DA can change the status to "on" again. Unless when csf is restarted the csf -ra command is used which restarts both.
But that's why I didn't answer there.

Unfortunately not. I did read that and thought of the same solution you thought of. But I also don't understand as to why DA can change the status to "on" again. Unless when csf is restarted the csf -ra command is used which restarts both.
But that's why I didn't answer there.
Thanks anyways :) LFD stays offline, but DA adds LFD=ON and reports that LFD is turned off and this message keeps sending notifications.

Back