Big hosting companies offering DirectAdmin

I was more interested in why it seems that all the big hosting providers (Host Gator) for example, choose to offer cPanel instead of DA. Seems it's been that way for years. I guess they were first so?? I have always used DA, well before that I used Cobolt or something like that, can't remember the name. Never really used cPanel, I tried digging in once and got annoyed. I looked into it so I could offer both for those who wouldn't move to DA.

was more interested in why it seems that all the big hosting providers (Host Gator) for example, choose to offer cPanel instead of DA
The reason is/was that their customers where used to work with cPanel ands didn't like DA in the first place
Despite DA was much cheaper big companies insist to use cPanel because of this.
cPanel had also things master & alpha reseller thing that wasn't offered by DA which only provide regular reseller accounts.
Bu now cPanel is working with crazy prices and in my opinion it would not take long they will make the switch to DA, especially now there is an migration script.

Last edited:
we are a large french hosting company into quebec / canada and we love directadmin

and we can migrate all cpanel users from other hosting company without any problem

DIRECTADMIN IS MY BEST FRIENDS

No, I mean , DA offers only Reseller option but cPanel have beside this Master and Alpha reseller option

Last edited:
Back