block top level domain

Yes, you're completelly right. But this is why I mentioned that this extra feature you are referring to could be enabled only if needed by admin. For example on a DirectAdmin server where only few WebDesigners are using, or some pros, or friends that you can trust, etc...

And did you like the main idea about having some sort of feature (maybe implementation of spamassasin) for a global spam ban GUI? :)

And lastly, if that banning works also for domains, should I add lines like domain.com or *.domain.com ?

Thanks!

I would only like the idea in the way you mention it, like with certain friends or customers which you really can trust and have some kind of knowledge on what really is spam and where it's coming from, as the "from" mail is for example often spoofed, so often the from mail address is not the original sender.

As for the banning, you should test I guess. I'm not 100% sure, but I think *.domain.com will not only block domain.com but also subomdomains of domain.com. Again... I'm not sure, I don't use this kind of block often.

I'm not sure but I always reload or restart Exim just to be sure after making changes in the files.

Hello guys. I can confirm that adding: *.domain.com to the file /etc/virtual/blacklist_domains
DOES NOT
block it from sending spam to the server. I have added one particular domain like that, and I have just received another spam email from that domain.

Any other ideas on how to block domains sending spam globally in the server (for all accounts)?

Thanks

It might be this only checks the domain name on the helo. Did you also try just domain.com wihtout the *. in front of it?
If it's email adresses you want to block, you might try to use *@domain.com in /etc/virtual/blacklist_senders and/or use *.domain.com in bad_senders_hosts. If I use this, I mostly use all those files.

There is some difference between the meaning of the files and what they do. Smtalk explained it to me once in a ticket, but I can't find it anymore.

Back