Brute force attacks: living a nightmare in InterServer.

Unlimited Storage on shared hosting....... No such thing...... I stay away from anything 'unlimited', marketing ploy......

But as people say, if you pay peanuts, you get peanuts.....
About unlimited storage - usually you can find near * that they limited by inodes, by IOPS, by bandwidth, there are no backups, limited by maxfilesize etc..

Always (almost) in the very very small text you can then read about some as fair use policies, we have one site at such hoster, and yes they did throw out custommers who are (to) heavy users without any warning hihi. ;)

I think myself a VPS (self managed REAL full SSD, with a DA panel license, backup, reversip..., snapshot and some more as little support options) with all needed things should be about starting price round 30-45 euro per month excl taxes, that is then the light one.

You can have some cheaper then with unlimited, but they have then in the contract if you are heavy user they throttle bandwith port to 100 M
with 45 euro you can sometimes order dedicated server, like xeon e3-1230, 8gb RAM, 240g SSD :)

with 45 euro you can sometimes order dedicated server, like xeon e3-1230, 8gb RAM, 240g SSD :)
Yea but you need DA or other license and fast good backups also snapshot and other redundant things, some ip's and ofcourse if needed fast phone or at least fast ticket / mailsupport if possible 24/7 so if it is for reliable business. IN EU.

So i mean total costs, the "cheap" doesn't let me sleep very well if not those things from above are within package, you can have your own box and rent the server space for those to.

Sometimes if not a redudant real own hardware server needed, you be better of with redundant virtual stuff, that runs in real then on redundant high quality hardware. ( That is then more safe/reliable then only one hardware server) don't you think so?

Yea but you need DA or other license and fast good backups also snapshot and other redundant things, some ip's and ofcourse if needed fast phone or at least fast ticket / mailsupport if possible 24/7 so if it is for reliable business. IN EU.

So i mean total costs, the "cheap" doesn't let me sleep very well if not those things from above are within package, you can have your own box and rent the server space for those to.

Sometimes if not a redudant real own hardware server needed, you be better of with redundant virtual stuff, that runs in real then on redundant high quality hardware. ( That is then more safe/reliable then only one hardware server) don't you think so?
Totally agree with You.

You are welcome. I don't feel like I helped you alot. Mostly you are focused on the company instead of the issues to me.

Yes we are making an assessment (judgement) base on the posts you write. It's all we have. We dont even know you and we dont have all day to talk. When you asked for help you told us you did know in the first post. So dont look at a gift horse's mouth.

Not this company but others I assure you.. Again not what we are here for.. We are here to help you with technical issues. We are just like you just users we dont work for Directadmin or the company you are dealing with.

If you have root access you have full access. No you can't change the root username that would break everything.

Isn't this because you haven't taught yourself how to fix it. OR went to school to be a IT unix admin. I am not judging you here you be honest and tell us.

Actually that is pretty accurate.

You didn't rent a house. You only bought the land. When you buy a VPS all you are paying for is the the VM = all this equals is a blank computer. They asked you which OS you wanted and maybe if you wanted a panel of some kind. They did that as a gesture for you as a customer. You didnt rent a house. If you think you did you know now. Unless you are paying for managed service you are on your own. Yes some companies help more than others, in general unmanaged = you do it all. Think anything else is folly

You can always do that it's your choice. You keep talking about how bad they are. To be clear we dont work for them or care about companies. If you want real tech help we can help. Even when you go somewhere else we will be here.

Not sure did you full read the TOS? As a user you have obligations as well.

No one on this forum is here to offend or hurt you. We want to help you. If you feel I have "judged" in some wrong way. Has you hosting company had a long a meaning full dialog with you like this?

You have a few choices to make.
Find a new host.
Learn to be a admin or not.

Either way we will be here to help you..
Oh my God, do you even have a life dude? No way I'm going to reply that, actually no way that I'm going to read that. Have a good day dude, enjoy your coke.

Not sure what is going on with this thread, or the server for that matter. But looking at that top output you pasted, it shows that both MySQL and lsphp with the index.php file is using much CPU. That would indicate that indeed the website is receiving a lot of requests. It could be an attack; (D)DOS, many brute force attempts, spam messages being (tried) to post etc. Other one that sticks out is sendmail using a lot of CPU, that is unusual. Maybe, if the brute force detecs so many attempts, it is mailing a lot about it to you. You could try disabling the e-mail notifications of the attempts.
Other than that I would analyze the access logs of the website to see what requests it is getting.
Edit: another possibility (it's just guessing, but many of this is generic as this is happening for years all over the web), it could also be spammers placing comments, then WordPress could notify the admin by email that there is a comment awaiting moderation.

Not sure what is going on with this thread, or the server for that matter. But looking at that top output you pasted, it shows that both MySQL and lsphp with the index.php file is using much CPU. That would indicate that indeed the website is receiving a lot of requests. It could be an attack; (D)DOS, many brute force attempts, spam messages being (tried) to post etc. Other one that sticks out is sendmail using a lot of CPU, that is unusual. Maybe, if the brute force detecs so many attempts, it is mailing a lot about it to you. You could try disabling the e-mail notifications of the attempts.
Other than that I would analyze the access logs of the website to see what requests it is getting.
Edit: another possibility (it's just guessing, but many of this is generic as this is happening for years all over the web), it could also be spammers placing comments, then WordPress could notify the admin by email that there is a comment awaiting moderation.
For mail problem i think also the csf warnings exlusions you have to make are maybe ... but he can search the forum and help files for that don't you think all? ;)

And for probs with CMS as WP he could go to that Forum isn't it?
For IP CONFIG CSF they have forum to.

( also a guess the shared hosting hoster and users on that shared .. he used before are maybe happy now)

Back