Build Exim error: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

Active8

Verified User
Just tried to rebuild exim after update OS to Almalinux , but ran in errors

Code:
cc lookups/lf_sqlperform.c
cc local_scan.c
cc -o exim
/usr/bin/ld: perl.o: undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_getspecific@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
//usr/lib64/libpthread.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [Makefile:632: exim] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/exim-4.96/build-Linux-x86_64'
make: *** [Makefile:36: all] Error 2

Anyone any clue ?

From which OS and version is updated to AlmaLinux and which version Alma?

When I search similar issues it points to openSSL. Alma 9 does not have 1.1.1K.

Are all packages updated after conversion with yum/dnf?

Tried another mirror just to be sure?

These are the things which come in to mind at the moment. Otherwise I don't know.

Hi Richard , thank you for your comment
Maybe I was not totally clear, it was an inplace update from Centos 7 to Almalinux 8.
It looks like something has changed in the CB because I never had this problem with this kind of upgrade
Several upgrades went smooth wich I did, lets say 6 months ago

Maybe @DirectAdmin Support or @smtalk can elaborate if this is the case

This happened to me too. It could probably be due to DA 1.643. Yesterday I installed it fine. exactly same system specs and config. Today on reinstall had this error

I havent solved it. I have the exact same setup as yours. centos 7 upgraded to alma 8. it was working literally yesterday. I was testing multi ip and messed up my system config so I remade the vps just a few mins before I posted earlier. I tried with almalinux 8 without the centos port with the same error. Yes I have a license with support however they havent replied to my previous ticket since I think it was a weekend. I will ask them when they reply.

Edit: I just filed a ticket anyway. hope they reply soon.

Just an update, I don't know what fixed it but this is the steps that I did.
1) Reboot server
2) I have multiple elastic IPs so I added net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind=1 to /etc/sysctl.conf
3) Build custombuild_plugin
4) I check the plugin from the webgui and and saw that a few packages need updating so I ran build update
5) and I tried build exim and it works.

I guess the build update is the key? Not so sure here because normally after running the setup.sh script, I immediately run build all with no problems.

Just tried again and the problem persist, I have totally no clue

. I tried with almalinux 8 without the centos port with the same error. Yes I have a license with support however they havent replied to my previous ticket since I think it was a weekend. I will ask them when they reply.
Did you hear anything from the support ?
This is really an showstopper for me and cant find out where this error is coming from

Back