bump

And you don't help by creating a new thread "bump", since it's not connected to any other thread and we have no idea what you're referring to.

Who are you expecting to reply?

These forums are for peer-level support. I can't speak for others, but here's how I offer support here:

As time permits, but usually at least once daily, I read these forums.

If I know the answer to a question off the top of my head, I'll usually take the time to reply.

If I have to do some research to answer a question, I'll only reply if I have time to do the research.

If I have to ask some additional questions and then think either I'll know the answer, or will have the time to research the answer, I'll ask the questions. However there's always a possibility that by the time my questions are answered I'll no longer have the time to do the research :( .

If a questions goes unanswered for some time, and/or is bumped, and I happen to notice it (I may not, since I usually read only the results of the "View New Posts" link from the forums home page), I'll probably post a reminder that these forums are NOT an official DA support venue.

That often gets a few people angry at me for making such an obvious (and perhaps seemingly unhelpful) reply, but I do so, because I believe if the person is awaiting an answer here from DA staff then maybe it's not that obvious, at least to the questioner, and that maybe my reply will be helpful.

So, if you're awaiting a reply from DA, then waiting here may or may not work for you; you'd be better off contacting their support email address.

But if you're looking for peer help, then perhaps you should find your original post, and respond to it to "bump" it.

Jeff

haha.. I love you Jeff!

add me to your msn account: [email protected]

my question that I wanted bumped was my first one that was right above this one. got it worked out tho..

dave247-

dave247 said:
add me to your msn account: [email protected]
We're a linux-only shop; I don't have an msn account :) .
my question that I wanted bumped was my first one that was right above this one. got it worked out tho..
I'm glad you got it worked out, because by the time I responded to your bump it either wasn't directly under your other message, or with all the messages I go through, it wasn't noticeable that it was.

Remember that other people can be posting at the same time, or even afterwards, and if so, your posts may not stay in the order in which you typed them.

Jeff

Back