Cannot be executed because it does not exist in your authority level (advise please)

exlhost

Verified User
Dear DA guru's

I'm using whmcs with an reseller account to connect to the server but it gives me below error in the API debug log
with an admin account it works fine, is there a way to give the reseller this authority ??

Array
(
[error] => 1
[text] => You cannot execute that command
[details] => The request you
[#39;ve made cannot be executed because it does not exist in your authority level] =>
)

Thanks in advance

The power-reseller is an admin level account in Directadmin. IN order to create a second admin or login keys you should use Directadmin interface. There is no much you can do in SSH on the matter.

I am confused. Using a reseller's username and the newly created Login Key under the User Level gives me a 'Login Failed' error in WHMCS. I checked the HTM files and i am able to login in DA itself.

Why is there not more information on this?

Did you limit usage of the login key per IP? Did you specify a correct IP?
Uses = 0, Allowed IPs = empty

Can you connect to Directadmin with your login key?
Yes, I can login to DirectAdmin with the reseller username and the Login Key as the password

Did you limit a list of allowed commands for the login key?
Enabled all commands and "Allow HTM"

Also, the "DirectAdmin" button does log me in as the reseller in DA, but the "Test Connection" button keeps saying "Login Failed"

This is what the logfile for the Login Key says:
Failed: The command '/CMD_API_SHOW_ADMINS' is not in the key's allowed list.Failed: The command '/CMD_API_SHOW_ADMINS' is not in the key's allowed list.

But there is NO CMD_API_SHOW_ADMINS command in the whole list to enable.

Created a ticket with WHMCS, cause this is stupid... :)

Last edited:
Official reply from WHMCS (STUPID):

I can confirm that you are correct, the DirectAdmin module does require admin level credentials for some functions, even basic ones. Unfortunately a workaround for this does not exist as it would require significant changes to the module itself. I would suggest putting in a feature request for this however as I can see how it could be useful for some users, and I haven't seen this requested by any clients previously.

Looks like all "reseller hosting" users with just reseller credentials are screwed and can't use WHMCS any longer. Why didn't I stay with WHMCS v6 :-(

New reply:
I've been looking further into this since your last reply as I agree it doesn't seem correct that admin level is now required.
I've reached out to our development team and that specific API command is only used in that one place, to test the connection.
As far as provisioning goes, this is still be doable with a reseller user. The following API commands are used for that:
CMD_API_SHOW_RESELLER_IPS
CMD_API_ACCOUNT_USER
CMD_ACCOUNT_RESELLER
The test connection button was added recently in WHMCS 7.3, and this command being used was an oversight that we've opened an internal case to change. That case ID is MODULE-6650
Once it has been resolved, the case number above will be listed in the changelogs for the release that includes it.
Thank you for pointing this out to us, and my apologies for any frustrations this caused.

I know it's been a while, I'm having the same problem. See my previous post

Today i tested other directadmin server just to be sure (the problem is not on one server) and the reseller gives the same message

Server Sync​

Step 2 of 4: Analyse​

Unable to connect to the remote server: Unable to Obtain Account List - You cannot execute that commandThe request you've made cannot be executed because it does not exist in your authority level

And when save edit the directadmin items in WHMCS i get
Unable to Obtain Account List - You cannot execute that commandThe request you've made cannot be executed because it does not exist in your authority level.
Hope someone can give me a tip. I am already contact the WHCMS support the say it in directadmin.

i have the same issue. Cant manage Directadmin with a reseller account of DA,
You cannot execute that command. The request you've made cannot be executed because it does not exist in your authority level

There are multiple topics already about this, and it won't help to up them every time.
WHMCS is not intended for resellers, it's for admins, so logically you can't issue admin commands as reseller, like reseller account list.

Check here:
Try via "per user commands allow:deny" option or maybe via feature sets as mentioned in there.

Good morning, I'm new here on the forum and also new to using directadmin, however, I realized that the same problem I'm experiencing is the same problem that you are also facing... whmcs connects to the main account, however, it doesn't connect to see server resales.

Any solution to this problem or still no solution?

Back