Cannot Delete Folder with data

tmahroof

Hi,

I am unable to delete folders containing sub-folders and files in DirectAdmin Filemanager. But i can select and delete files (only files, no folders) .:confused:

It says when i try:

Unable to delete files

Details

Unable to delete directory /domains/kmcmedicos.com/public_html/backups/components. The directory /domains/kmcmedicos.com/public_html/backups/components is not empty

What might be the problem?
Please help me

Last edited:
Default Ownership and Permissions

If i extract a zip files from within the server, I get the extracted folders' default ownership as 'Apache' instead of getting my domainname as owner. Because of this i cannot change the folder permissions, modify or rename files using my FTP client.

Also all newly created folders and files get a default permission of 755. I need to set it as 777. But it cannot be done by FTP client, I need to login to the DIrectAdmin filemanager and Reset the Ownership; only then i can do modify any files. Its a tiresome job.

Is there any way to get this done?

Thanks in advance.

You must be using a php script to unzip the files and that is why they are owned by apache. Use a perl script instead or configure the server to use suphp or run php as a cgi.

would you please tell me any PHP scripts which would do this. Wherewould be such configuration settings of the server located in DirectAdmin

I tried a simple 2 kb 'zipextractor' from HotScripts.com but it says, Zip support is not installed in the server.

Any other scripts which wouldnt be having such problems??

Thanks in advance.

All php scripts that run as an apache module that create files or directories, even when unzipping them, will have this behavior. Apache will own the files.

There are plenty of references here about running php as a cgi and running suphp.

You can also use a perl script which runs as a cgi. The files created will be owned by the user.

Back