Cannot Display Correct IP when restoring

srqwebguy

Verified User
Using the Admin Backup/Transfer feature to restore a User from another DA machine, I need to select the IP to which it should be assigned. Problem is, the IP does not show in the drop down. The IP is set up for the user and is owned by admin - and it produces the correct DA Temp page when accessed via browser, so I believe it is set up ok. I have tried to restore using the default server IP (the only one shown) and the server acts as if nothing was requested. No restore is done and no message is sent regarding the results. Any idea how I can get the IP to read in that drop down?

Go to admin level and add the ip in ip manager. Then assign it to a reseller where the users will be added under.

Does it have to be a reseller?? I already added it in the IP manager. It's status is "owned" by reseller "admin", with the user listed correctly as "flashform". However, only the server IP is showing in the restore function.

It needs to be owned by the reseller under which the backup is being restored.

Jeff

I am not sure how that relates to not even being able to see the IP to which I want to assign the backup in the restore process, but here is more detail:

Source machine:
12.47.45.139 owned admin flashform 255.255.255.0

Destination Machine:
62.19.50.34 owned admin flashform 255.255.255.0

Both of those lines were cut and pasted directly out of the IP Manager on each computer.

The actual problem I am experiencing is that when trying to restore to the new machine, the IP 62.19.50.34 is not even an option for me. The only option is the server IP of 62.19.50.33 - Shared Server. The selection reads "Use the IP from the list:" but there is only one IP in the list.

I just went to check the source machine, and it appears that machine also only lists one IP, although it has two IP's assigned to it. Is this a flaw within DA 1.34.5? Both machines are running that.

Destination Machine:
62.19.50.34 owned admin flashform 255.255.255.0

Well there you go. The ip is already owned by a user. It doesn't matter that its the same user you are trying to restore but the restore function doesn't know which user you are going to restore.

In order to see the ip the ip has to be assigned to admin but not owned by any user.

Thank you Floyd - that solved that issue. Now I hit the next issue. The restore is failing with the following error message. I tried it with 2 different backup files from different locations (right now we are just testing this process. This will eventually be a secondary server located in a different NOC from the primary).

The failure messages referred to the same lines both times. Any idea what might cause that?

******error message********

Warning: ftp_get(): Opening BINARY mode data connection for user.admin.flashform.tar.gz (607186970 bytes) in - on line 37

Warning: ftp_get(): Opening BINARY mode data connection for user.admin.flashform.tar.gz (607186970 bytes) in - on line 48
Error while downloading user.admin.flashform.tar.gz

******end error message********

Thanks to everyone for their help!

It appears you are trying to restore from a file on a remote server. I would transfer the file first and then run the restore locally.

That is what we are trying to do.

This is our third DA machine. One of the things that we liked so much about them, (and what is leading us away from Plesk) is that they have been so easy to use to backup each other across the network.

Our hope is to have a daily backup from the primary, with a cron job restoring the files every morning. We really want to avoid having to manually transfer this stuff.

Unfortunately this new machine does not seem to like the others. When I try to back up to it, so that we can restore "locally", we get this message on the primary:

User flashform has been backed up.
Remote write timed out.
Could not read reply from control connection -- timed out.
ncftpput /home/tmp/admin/user.admin.flashform.tar.gz: data transfer timed out.

So at this point, we can neither restore remotely or back up to the machine for a local restore.

Oddly, we were able to get a backup into the flashform user when it existed, but now cannot back up to admin. We'll keep playing and figure it out.

Thanks for all your help. It was very useful.

Back