Cannot remove domain, Cannot add domain - Already exists error.

needhelppp

Verified User
Hey guys!
I was playing around with dns_ns.conf and made a bad entry, then I added domain, and it was a mess. Now i cannot add it again, because it says Already exists, but there is no zone, nothing, and grep -c 'domain.com.db' /etc/named.conf returns 0.
So I cannot add it again, and I don't know how to delete it from a system so I would be able to add it correctly.
My OS is Centos 8.2. DirectAdmin 1.61.3

Some suggestions would be appreciated Thanks!

Nothing in /var/named, nothing in /etc/named.conf. Do you mean DNS Administration in DirectAdmin? Nothing there.

Deleted that domain logs in /var/log/httpd/domains/ as well.
Did these command as well:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./set_permissions.sh all
(I hope this did not made anything worse? Is this fine? It just fixed the permissions, and cannot hurt the system at all?)

Found it listed in /etc/virtual/domains. Was abou to delete it, when I noticed that domain appeared in user level list (that was not there yesterday). And Also it does not appear in admin level - Show users domain lists, only in user level list. Is this read from that file /etc/virtual/domains possibly?

Trying to remove via DirectAdmin again.

It worked! Strangest things. Yesterday it was nowhere to be found, today it was listed in User level on the top and in Domain Setup. And I was able to remove it. Yesterday I could not do that at all. Maybe some cron has something to do with it?

:)

Yes, I am using Multi Server for DNS, but when I have removed DNS zone manually, I assume it was also removed from remote servers too. The saying that DA checks only /etc/named.conf for existing domains is not really correct. Clearly it checks many more places, and then gives that error.

Man, I wish there was a DNS Template editing tool like it is in cPanel. + an ability to create up to 4 default NS on the system, not only 2 by default. That would avoid manually editing these DNS files and making mistakes.

Back