Can't access /phpmyadmin and /roundcube after mod_ruid2 installation

martijn94

Verified User
Hello,

I need a little help from you guys here. I've seen alot of similiar problems flying arround but none of the anwers could help me out. Sorry anyway for probably posting a duplicate question.

After the installation i'm not able to access my /roundcube and /phpmyadmin. Even subdomains from a Wordpress site give a forbidden error now. Other subdomains kept working.

When trying to access /roundcube from a Wordpress site it gives me a 404 from Wordpress. When accessing from a non Wordpress site it gives me a 403 forbidden error. When accessing from the servers ip adress it works like it should.

I already tried the solution of running roundcube and phpmyadmin as the user webapps but that doesn't seem to help out.

Some sys info:

Apache 2.2.26
DirectAdmin 1.44.3
Exim 4.76
MySQL 5.5.27
Named 9.8.2rc1
ProFTPd 1.3.4b
sshd Running
dovecot 2.2.10
Php 5.3.28

I also saw the word custombuild flying arround some times, but don't know how that involved exacly. My version:

[root@host ~]# grep ^BUILDSCRIPT_VER /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build | cut -d= -f2

Thanks a whole a lot in advance!

Martijn

That might be custom configuration files related. Please try:
Code:
mv /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom_back
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
mv custom custom_back
./build update
./build rewrite_confs

That might be custom configuration files related. Please try:
Code:
mv /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom_back
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
mv custom custom_back
./build update
./build rewrite_confs

It seem to have done something, I acctually guess it fixed it. Just Varnish caching has broke everything. 503's on every page. Let met reconfigure Varnish and see what happens..

It seem to have done something, I acctually guess it fixed it. Just Varnish caching has broke everything. 503's on every page. Let met reconfigure Varnish and see what happens..

After reconfiguring Varnish the same problem still persist. Am I right that the problem lays with Varnish instead of mod_ruid2? Or didnt the solution given by smtalk disable mod_ruid2?

Another update,

/roundcube and /phpmyadmin seem to have started working again, however /webmail gives me an 404 now. Any way how to fix this. And what is the correct way of enabling mod_ruid2 now without breaking anything?

Thanks in advance

Hello Martijn.
I don't know which guide you followed for installing mod_ruid2.
I advise to check this site and do all steps again just to be sure:
http://wiki.amservers.nl/Mod_ruid2
Especially look at the bottom at the section "converting an existing system".

For the 404 on /webmail, probably the rewrite_confs command changed the httpd config files back to default. You have to change them again.

Hello Martijn.
I don't know which guide you followed for installing mod_ruid2.
I advise to check this site and do all steps again just to be sure:
http://wiki.amservers.nl/Mod_ruid2
Especially look at the bottom at the section "converting an existing system".

For the 404 on /webmail, probably the rewrite_confs command changed the httpd config files back to default. You have to change them again.

Still no luck, everything goes fine until i'm trying to apply a fix because i'm not running custombuilt 2.0 (http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=37467&page=25&p=235715#post235715). Then my /webmail and /phpmyadmin are forbidden...

An upgrade to custombuilt 2.0 seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help!

everything goes fine until i'm trying to apply a fix
Maybe you should have read. You only had to do what was in the link I gave you. The fix is not needed anymore because that was fixed in the newer versions of DA.
I mention this in case somebody else with the same problem is reading or going to read this thread.

But if you're running custombuild 2.0 now, that's ok too.

There is a change in /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/virtual_host2.conf

<------><IfModule mod_ruid2.c>
<------><------>RMode config
<------><------>RUidGid |USER| |GROUP|
<------><------>#RGroups apache |SECURE_ACCESS_GROUP|
<------><------>RGroups @none
<------></IfModule>

change it to

<------><IfModule mod_ruid2.c>
<------><------>RMode config
<------><------>RUidGid |USER| |GROUP|
<------><------>RGroups apache |SECURE_ACCESS_GROUP|
<------><------>#RGroups @none
<------></IfModule>

@Voland: No need to change templates. And the wrong place to do it. If you change it there, it will be overwritten by the next DA update and you loose changes. So you should copy the template to the custom directory and change it there.

Next to that, in custombuild 1.2 you don't need to make that change.
The easy solution was to check rights and change /var/www/html to 755.
I also have it running with Rgroups @none, it doesn't matter.

Back