can't find default domain's html folder

sdewis

Hi

I've got an administrator created and also a reseller.

If I log in as the reseller, I can see it's public_html folder in "files" in DA.

if I log in as the adminstrator, I can't see a public_html folder for it in the "files" section of DA. I can't see the reseller's folder either, just the default, sharedip, and suspended folders - all of which do not contain anything but the default index.html etc.

Surely, as an administrator, I should be able to see all the websites folders?

As the reseller, i can see default, the reseller's folder, sharedip, and suspended.

Can someone explain to me if this is what I should expect, or is something going wrong here?

If I want to add web pages for the administrator's site, where do I put them? In the Default folder?

Confused dot com!

Cheers

Sean

You need to use the "Login As..." feature. For example, from the admin level go to the show all users page and click on a username. At the top there should be a button that says "Login As". That is what you need.

Every admin and reseller has their own user level. That is where you should add your own domain unless you want to create a seperate user for it.

I'm not understanding the question the same way Jon is.

What do you mean by the default domain? Do you mean the domain in the user section of the admin control panel? That should be at:

/home/admin/domains/example.com/public_html

Or do you mean the server's default html folder?

That should be at:

/var/www/html

Jeff

Thanks for your answers.

I'm still not sure I explained it very well.

If I log in as "Admin" - the main administrator, I can see the folders that I explained about in my first post.

When we registered the hosting, we transferred a domain with it - phoneuback.com. Now, if I edit index.html in default whilst logged in as Admin (index.html being in the "Default" folder), and then enter "www.phoneuback.com" all I get is the just-installed-apache web page, and not the page I edited in the "Default" folder.

What I'm trying to get at is this: I don't understand how the "Default", "Sharedip", and "Suspended" folders relate to an admin, reseller, or user. (I understand that a reseller or user will get an extra folder named after the domain associated with it).

If I'm seeing the default page from /var/www, how do i change it so that I can manage the files in the default web site by using the "files" function on DA?

Thanks for you patience.

I ended up renaming the hostname of the server to a non-existent domain, deleting the original domain, then re-created a user with the correct domain associated with it. Problem solved.

I should have thought to ask you about that.

DA won't work with a hostname the same as a site name.

Jeff

Back