Can't install php-devel ):

As I stated before /usr/local/bin is not in your path so the simple php command is not going to work. You would have to use /usr/local/bin/php

We could spend a few days going back and forth trying to fix this or you can hire somebody to just do it for you if you are in a hurry.

Last edited:
As I stated before /usr/local/bin is not in your path so the simple php command is not going to work. You would have to use /usr/local/bin/php

We could spend a few days going back and forth trying to fix this or you can hire somebody to just do it for you if you are in a hurry.
Floyd, first I'd like to say thank you so much for assisting me thus far.

I'm not in a rush, I'm definitely trying to learn more about this; I've administered servers before but never for web.

I've made some progress, changed the path, added in the bashrc PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin, now the path is fixed, php -v and other commands display as they should.

Last edited:
I think you probably have something installed before posting here that is interfering. There is a conflict somewhere.

I think you probably have something installed before posting here that is interfering. There is a conflict somewhere.
Most likely.

Oh well, I've given up. I've now completely reinstalled centos, directadmin, importing my site back in and hopefully I won't be getting this error anymore.

Thanks a lot for your help floyd ^__^'

EDIT: IT WORKSS! ^__^^'

Last edited:
Back