cant recreate user after delitetion , it tells "user already created"

cdedicated

Verified User
cant recreate user after delitetion , it tells "user already created"

How can i fix it please?

thanks!

ok i have done some researchs ,all i need is delete this user from mysql db of DA and delete his folder with all the files from the users folder.

Now the issue that i dont have mysql root password.

How can i get this password form SSH ROOT?

i tried my root password ,and it not works for mysql root.

i found the root mysql pass ,logged in but cant see DA's DataBase.... how can i access Da's db?

thanks

cdedicated said:
ok i have done some researchs ,all i need is delete this user from mysql db of DA and delete his folder with all the files from the users folder.

Now the issue that i dont have mysql root password.

How can i get this password form SSH ROOT?

i tried my root password ,and it not works for mysql root.

As was mentioned to you when previously the mysql root pass set by DA is in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/setup.txt

If it has been changed since there is a guide to resetting your mysql password in the DA server checklist (link in my sig)

Chris

i foind the pass in:
/usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf

but i cant see any DB releated in DA when i access the mysql root with this pass and user....

i want to delete every thing releated to this user "eyalben" but i can't.

can you please come to icq ?
i have sent you email with full explnation of the issue ,please chekc your email

thanks!

Last edited:
Prowebuk ,tried fix it ,and he told me that its comlicated issue so we leave it to DA techs .

Hello,

Manual deletion of system accounts is *highly* not recommended :) If you are stuck half way, then the easiest thing to do is re-add the system account:
Code:
useradd username
then just delete it through DirectAdmin. If you want to go the *other way.. and manually toast the account, you'd need to do the following:
Code:
userdel -r username
rm -rf /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/username
#remove the username from /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/resellername/users.list
rm -f /var/spool/mail/username
#remove the users "Include" line from the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
#for each domain/domain pointer the user has:
rm -rf /etc/virtual/domain.com
rm -rf /var/spool/virtual/domain.com
#remove the domain line from the /etc/named.conf
rm -f /var/named/domain.com.db
#remove the domain from the /etc/virtual/domains and /etc/virtual/domainowners files.
I think that's everything.. it's quite a hack job, much easier to recreate the unix account and remove the user through DA.

John

I am experiencing the problem myself, and when I try this command: useradd amstaff, I just saw that the owner of amstaff dir from /home was the root user, and not amstaff user. So I try after this to remove the user from DA, and of course it didn't work so I delete the user manualy from all DA files.

Actualy I needed to delete the amstaff dir from home manualy because after the command userdel -r amstaff I receive errors about the owner of this dir which is not amstaff, and thereforre the userdel command din ont remove the homedir of user amstaff.

Back