CentOS 8 DirectAdmin installation failed

myH2Oservers

Verified User
Just tried to install a new server on CentOS 8 minimal installation. Ran the pre-install commands:

yum install wget gcc gcc-c++ flex bison make bind bind-libs bind-utils openssl openssl-devel perl quota libaio libcom_err-devel libcurl-devel gd zlib-devel zip unzip libcap-devel cronie bzip2 cyrus-sasl-devel perl-ExtUtils-Embed autoconf automake libtool which patch mailx bzip2-devel lsof glibc-headers kernel-devel expat-devel psmisc net-tools systemd-devel libdb-devel perl-DBI perl-libwww-perl xfsprogs rsyslog logrotate crontabs file kernel-headers

However during setup.sh the installation stopped because SpamAssassin could not be installed, it was missing 2 required Perl modules.
It advised me to run:
Code:
cpan -i Archive::Tar Digest::SHA Mail::SPF IP::Country Net::Ident IO::Socket::INET6 Compress::Zlib Mail::DKIM LWP::UserAgent HTTP::Date Encode::Detect ExtUtils::MakeMaker

Since I am not sure how to continue the installation I started setup.sh again (would me nice if there was some kind of progress memory so the installation could pick up where it crashed ;)).

Yes but I currently want SpamAssassin, not rspamd ;-) we are still testing rspamd to check the quality of filtering. We are not yet convinced it is better than SpamAssassin (performance yes, filtering no).

it would be nice if the DA installer does not fail on it.

I'm new to DA, and while the install directions are pretty straight forward in terms of outlining the steps, reducing the steps by installing necessary dependencies would be nice.

I just did the SA install on Debian 10 and it went smoothly. When running setup, were you doing custom or auto install?

Back