changing user IP has crashed my server!!! URGENT HELP PLEASE!

onea

Verified User
What I did and messed up my server + what I see strange:

1. I have tried to change a user IP here:
Modify User > Change the User's IP > Set IP

2. My site is not working properly then!!!

3. Then I changed back to IP as above to the original IP.

4. the www.wholesale-source.us work while the wholesale-source.us is not working!

5. tried add a new user with a new domain granite-tile.info

6. strange that the www.granite-tile.info works while the granite-tile.info is pointing to the sharedip's index.html

7. don't know what I could do. Then I go to delete this new user; and also delete the old user for wholesale.us All of these disappeared in DA as expected.

8. I suppose all user and domains inside gone as I deleted them! But very strange that when I use the browser to visit both granite-tile.info and www.granite-tile.info They are both still pointing to the sharedip's index.html

9. The situation is a bit different with the wholesale-source.us and www.wholesale-source.us Please go to see these pages on your browser.

10. I have tried repeating delete these domains and even create new user to hold these domains then delete again. But strange that they could still point to somewhere to show something, though the domain is completely gone in the admin!!!

SEEMS THAT THERE IS SOME BIG BUGS IN DIRECT ADMIN! BEGING UNABLE TO CHECK THIS OUT!

Hello,

When you change the IP of a domain, there will be a time delay until your ISP's nameservers get the new IP. You'll be using the old ip to connect to the server until that time, so you'll probably get the apache welcome page, or a shared ip page. Just wait it out and the IP will eventually propogate (can take upto a day)

John

Back