Cloud Linux

Nexxterra.com

Verified User
What do you know about cloud Linux, your experiences, opinions and thought.
I am considering it for my next server build
Thanks

its very good
your cam manege resorce yourself if you taking the cloud from cloudsigma or similer provider
you never need to worry about the disk space and bandwidth
as you can pay monthly or hourly as you wish

and many more features
once you use it you really love it

i am using it and happy with this

No need to get upset. FleroviumUranus is obviously unfamiliar with Cloud Linux the product; he presumed Nexxterra as asking generically about using Linux in the cloud.

@FleroviumUranus:

(and others)

Cloud Linux is a specially hardened version of Linux designed to be used by those of us who run servers on the 'net. Before cloud meant what it does today it meant anywhere on the net. If you look around the net you can find lots of diagrams showing a server on one side, a desktop on the other, and an actual image of a cloud in the middle, to represent the 'net.

But that' not what Nexxterra means. He's referring to Cloud Linux OS (cloudlinux.com).

Jeff

Not officially, according to the DirectAdmin installation requirements.

However, it shares code and server layout (to a great extent) with CentOS and Red Hat Linux, and according to the Cloud Linux website it's easily installed (cloudlinux.com); lots more information here (duckduckgo.com).

Jeff

Is cloud linux a supported OS by directadmin ?

If you have CloudLinux installed, just set cloudlinux=yes in the options.conf file of CustomBuild and it will patch apache/PHP automatically on the installation time. (The answer is: yes, it is supported by DA)

If you have CloudLinux installed, just set cloudlinux=yes in the options.conf file of CustomBuild and it will patch apache/PHP automatically on the installation time. (The answer is: yes, it is supported by DA)

Any version of custombuild can do the trick ?

I'm not sure if the order matters, the way I did it is installing DA on CentOS then convert to CL. DA license still is set to CentOS.

You'd say installing DA on CL would work as well, but maybe you would have to set cloudlinux=yes manually and then run a ./build all -- but it's just guessing on my end. Maybe someone here knows, you could also just ask CL their support is pretty fast.

CloudLinux is excellent, I've use it on 2 servers with several issues with high load and the moment I install it sort it out as apart from limiting resources you can see who is causing the high load very fast.
Highly recommended for shared hosting.

Back