CloudLinux mysql governor version responsibility

CanadaGuy

Verified User
When using CloudLinux, who is responsible for the mysql/mariadb install? What order should things be done in, with respect to setting up mariadb instead of mysql, and using the LVE manager wizard to configure the mysql governor? Do I install/update from CustomBuild or using yum and CloudLinux repos?

It has happened twice now when I install DA on top of CloudLinux, switch to MariaDB, then run the LVE wizard. The mysql governor throws an error and won't run.

MySQL governor documentation says to install the same version of MySQL/MariaDB you have on the system. When you install MySQL governor, it starts managing the packages using yum, and mysql_inst=no is set in CustomBuild options.conf automatically.

MySQL governor documentation says to install the same version of MySQL/MariaDB you have on the system. When you install MySQL governor, it starts managing the packages using yum, and mysql_inst=no is set in CustomBuild options.conf automatically.

Is there any downside or lost functionality with the governor handling the packages? I'm assuming that functionality or some of it is lost from the DA interface. As I understand it, the governor effectively limits your ability to go with the latest builds of db.

We've used CloudLinux since 2010, and always found that they keep up with pretty much the latest and greatest versions.
That only thing you will lose is MySQL abusers taking all your CPU and I/O.

# dbtop is an absolute god-send!

We've used CloudLinux since 2010, and always found that they keep up with pretty much the latest and greatest versions.
That only thing you will lose is MySQL abusers taking all your CPU and I/O.

# dbtop is an absolute god-send!

Thanks for the info!

Back